Edmonton Reassigns RW Cameron Abney to the Thunder from Oklahoma CityDecember 12, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Stockton Thunder
Abney, 21, should be available to suit up for the Thunder in their next game tomorrow at 7:15 p.m. (1280 KWSX/StocktonThunder.com) against the San Francisco Bulls at the Cow Palace.
The 6-foot-5 and 205 pound forward has skated in four games with the Barons this season and collected a +1 rating. He has also scored a goal and posted five penalty minutes in three games with the Thunder this season.
Abney was selected by Edmonton in the third round (82nd overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Last season, Abney earned five points in 29 games with the Thunder and added 24 penalty minutes in 14 games with Oklahoma City.
A two time recipient of the ECHL "Award of Excellence," the Thunder led the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons and drew over 200,000 fans for the seventh consecutive season in 2011-12. Season Tickets, Group Tickets and Mini-Plans for 2012-13 are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.StocktonThunder.com.
ECHL Stories from December 12, 2012
- Komets Scorch K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Rally Falls Short to Florida, 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - December 12 - ECHL
- Edmonton Reassigns RW Cameron Abney to the Thunder from Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Home for 8-Straight over Holidays Starting Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Road Warriors Assigned Missiaen, Hince Sent to Connecticut - Greenville Road Warriors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Florida - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Sign Defenseman Edwin Shea - Reading Royals
- Bid on Chris Kushneriuk Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - December 12 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.