Road Warriors Teddy Bear Toss on Friday December 7December 3, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The Greenville Road Warriors host the third annual Teddy Bear Toss Night to support the mission of Toys for Tots: to collect new, unwrapped toys during the holidays and distribute as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community. This year, the Teddy Bear Toss will assist the Greenville Toys for Tots program in surpassing their goal of collecting more than 50,000 toys.
On Saturday, December 8, the bears will be taken to Sitton Buick located at 2640 Laurens Road. The Toys for Tots rally will run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Greenville Road Warriors players and Rowdy the Warrior will accompany Greenville Toys for Tots and Sitton Buick and assist with distributing the toys.
"The Teddy Bear Toss has become a tradition in a number of hockey arenas across the country and we are proud to be supporting Toys for Tots and the U.S. Marine Corps' efforts to make the holiday season special for so many children," said Chris Lewis, Greenville Road Warriors General Manager. "The generosity of our fans and the support of our partners and team will help us make this a memorable time for a number of children in our community."
Greenville Road Warriors' fans are encouraged to bring stuffed animals to throw on the ice after the first goal of the game is scored. The Greenville Toys for Tots program is coordinated by Gunnery Sergeant Gustavo Villasenor and is assisted by Staff Sergeant Jerod Mann. In 2011, the Greenville Toys for Tots Program collaborated with more than 100 individual collection location volunteers, 15 event sponsors and five nonprofit distributors to generate more than 40,000 toys for more than 10,000 local children.
Join the Road Warriors on Sunday they host the South Carolina Stingrays at 4 p.m. Family Fun Day returns as fans can present their BI-LO Bonuscard and receive up to four free tickets in the BI-LO Family Fun Section, while supplies last. After the game, fans are invited to the ice for a post game skate with the Road Warriors players. Greenville will wear their third uniforms for the second time this year. The jerseys feature the colors of the Road Warriors' NHL affiliate, the New York Rangers.
Tickets for both games are available now and start as low as $9! Tickets are on sale now at the BI-LO Center Box Office or though ticketmaster.com.
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2012
- Thunder Weekly: Second Place Thunder Hosts Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Former Wranglers Goaltender Marc Magliarditi Named to ECHL Hall of Fame - Las Vegas Wranglers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Weekly: Condors Split Weekend Series; Three Games on Tap - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Announces 2013 Hall of Fame Class - ECHL
- Road Warriors Teddy Bear Toss on Friday December 7 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Christmas Parade and Coat Drive - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces back in familiar position - ECHL
- Edmonton Reassigns RW Toni Rajala to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Split Pair at Gwinnett; Open Three-Game Series at Orlando Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Host Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Loans D Nathan Deck to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Radio Recon Might Sit in the Lotus Position for this One - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Weekly: College Pride Night and Teddy Bear Toss this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.