Les Olympiques to Honor Claude JulienNovember 28, 2012 - Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) Gatineau Olympiques
Claude Julien made history with the Hull Olympiques by winning the President Cup and the Memorial Cup in 1997 in his first season as the Head Coach of the Olympiques. The next season, he was named on the second All-Star team of the QMJHL. He also won two medals with Team Canada at the World Junior Championship, the Silver medal in 1999 as an Assistant Coach and the Bronze medal the year after as the Head Coach. He also won the President Cup in 1995 as one of the Assistant Coach of the Olympiques. In 266 games behind the bench of the Hull Olympiques, he won 141 games, lost 109 games and 16 games ended in a tie.
Once again, a draw will be held among the season ticket holders who can register via the team's official web site or at the Robert-Guertin Centre for a chance to meet Claude Julien and obtain a photo and an autograph. The draw will be held next Monday, December 3rd.
The fans can purchase tickets for the game at the Olympiques' ticket office, by phone at 819- 773-7360 or by internet at www.ovation.qc.ca
** Please note that the date could change for Claude Julien's tribute night depending on the situation prevailing in the NHL ***
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2012
- Huberdeau Ties All-Time Points Record in Dogs Fourth Straight Win - Saint John Sea Dogs
- BMO Ultimate Fan Appreciation Night Is Coming to Halifax - Halifax Mooseheads
- CHL Announces BMO CHL Top 10 Rankings - QMJHL
- Les Olympiques to Honor Claude Julien - Gatineau Olympiques
- Sea Dogs Foundation Releases Calendar in Support of Empty Stocking Fund - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Four new members to be inducted into QMJHL Hall of Fame - QMJHL
- All League Players Get Airmedic Coverage - QMJHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.