All League Players Get Airmedic CoverageNovember 28, 2012 - Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL)
"This partnership is in keeping with Airmedic's mission to preserve and save lives by providing emergency helicopter and air ambulance services to everyone in the province," said Christian Trudeau, Airmedic president and CEO. "Airmedic coverage can give peace of mind to QMJHL players and their parents, some of whom live far away from their sons, if a serious accident were to occur."
"This is a wonderful agreement for both the players and the league," stated QMJHL commissioner Gilles Courteau. "We are always evaluating new initiatives to improve our players' well-being and safety and increase the support we can provide for them. The fact that we can count on this kind of emergency helicopter and air ambulance service gives them yet another layer of protection."
An essential service for the province Several factors paved the way for Airmedic to develop a strong presence in the world of emergency medical care. Paramount among them is the need to treat injured patients immediately, within the time period known as the "golden hour" - often a matter of life and death in emergency medical situations. The golden hour principle holds that administering care within 60 minutes of a traumatic injury can decrease the risk of death, complications, and long-term consequences.
In fulfilling its mission, Airmedic relies on a dedicated and proven staff of nearly 100 professionals. Its intervention teams are composed of seasoned pilots, a medical director specializing in emergency medicine, and experienced nurses and paramedics with special aeromedical training.
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2012
- Huberdeau Ties All-Time Points Record in Dogs Fourth Straight Win - Saint John Sea Dogs
- BMO Ultimate Fan Appreciation Night Is Coming to Halifax - Halifax Mooseheads
- CHL Announces BMO CHL Top 10 Rankings - QMJHL
- Les Olympiques to Honor Claude Julien - Gatineau Olympiques
- Sea Dogs Foundation Releases Calendar in Support of Empty Stocking Fund - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Four new members to be inducted into QMJHL Hall of Fame - QMJHL
- All League Players Get Airmedic Coverage - QMJHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.