Soo Survives Michigan Comeback, Wins 3-1November 19, 2012 - North American Hockey League (NAHL) - Soo Eagles
A goal by Robin Hoglund put Soo up 3-0 in the second period, but Michigan pulled to within two on Jon Farkas' tally 4:43 into the third period.
The Eagles were led by Alexander Taulien, who had one goal. Taulien scored 16:06 into the second period to make the score 2-0 Soo. Michael Crowley assisted on the tally.
By firing 40 shots on goal, Soo exceeded the 27.7 shots it averages per game this year.
In addition, Soo received assists from Cody Von Reuden, who had two and Pat Gazzillo and Layne Martin, who each chipped in one.
The Warriors failed to reach their usual level of shot production, putting 20 pucks on goal after averaging 26.5 shots per game this season.
More assists for Michigan came via AJ Marcinek and Brock Labelle, who contributed one a piece.
Zach Nagelvoort made 19 saves for the Eagles on 20 shots. Soo incurred six minutes in penalty time with three minors. Dillion Kelley took the loss and made 24 saves before being replaced by Trevor Gorsuch who made 13 saves. Michigan incurred six minutes in penalty time with three minors.
North American Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2012
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Bobcats Begin 2012 Healthy Habits and Anti-Bullying Program - Bismarck Bobcats
- Rays' Report: Fairbanks Takes the Weekend, Kenai River Up Next - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Aberdeen Wings Weekly - Aberdeen Wings
- Jacks Announce Donation to Victims of Train Tragedy - Odessa Jackalopes
- Falcons Add Veteran Defenseman - Port Huron Fighting Falcons
- Skid against Kenai ends with a split - Wichita Falls Wildcats
- Soo Survives Michigan Comeback, Wins 3-1 - Soo Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.