Intern with the World Champion KnighthawksAugust 18, 2012 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) Rochester Knighthawks
The 2012 World Champion Rochester Knighthawks are offering internships for the 2013 National Lacrosse League season that will provide college students a great learning experience and prepare you for a future career in sports. Our internships present a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the daily operations of a professional sports team in the NLL.
Work with the top pro lacrosse players in the world, along with the team's dedicated staff as the Knighthawks prepare for success on and off the field in their 19th season. All positions require office hours (10-30 hours/week, depending on position) and attendance at all home games. Internships will start mid-August and run through the 2013 Knighthawks season (May 2013).
Here are the openings for the 2012-13 season:
Community Relations (1 Position):
Intern will help coordinate outside requests for support from charitable organizations
- Assist in the fulfillment of donation and appearance requests
- Process incoming donation requests
- Compile donation packages on behalf of the Knighthawks
- Assist with various events in the community, such as Player/Mascot appearances, etc.
Marketing and Promotions (1 Office Position/3 Game Day Positions):
- Assist Marketing department in sponsorship fulfillment
- Help coordinate all game presentation aspects for every Knighthawks home game
Video Operations Intern (1 Position):
- Shoot and edit web videos for khawks.tv
- Shoot and edit in-arena features for home games for khawks.tv
- Produce postgame web videos for
- Previous experience with Final Cut Pro or Avid Media Composer
- Applicant should be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- A compensation package is TBD for this position
Ticket Operations (2 Positions):
Intern will work closely with staff on all facets of ticketing
- Assist with processing ticket orders
- Support the sales staff on game days at the Ticket Sales Table inside the arena
- Aid the sales staff in daily operations
- Previous ticketing experience beneficial but not necessary
Media Relations (2 Positions):
- Assist Media Relations department with all pre and postgame setup in the press box, game coverage, and postgame interviews
- Assist in the production of team publications such as game notes, stats and media guides
- Conduct journalistic interviews in person and over the phone for content on knighthawks.com
- Assist with social media efforts
Feature Writer (2 Positions):
- Intern will assist Media Relations Department in providing game coverage of all 2013 games
- Write stories for the Knighthawks Insider in the Democrat & Chronicle
- Conduct Q&A's with players, coaches, and team personnel for knighthawks.com
- Help write press releases for games and team announcements
- Applicant must be willing to work on deadlines
When applying: Please indicate in your cover letter what position(s) you are most interested in and email Craig Rybczynski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 18, 2012
- Intern with the World Champion Knighthawks - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.