Rochester Americans Sign Rankin, Schofield to AHL ContractsJuly 3, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rochester Americans
Rankin, 26, appeared in 35 games with the Amerks last season, recording 29 points on 15 goals and 14 assists, as well as 12 penalty minutes and a +9 rating, after joining the Amerks on Nov. 25, 2011. Rankin also collected one assist while playing in two Calder Cup Playoff games with Rochester. Prior to joining the Amerks last season, Rankin had registered 18 points (10+8) in 15 games for Toledo of the ECHL. The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Rankin, a native of Portage, Michigan, has appeared in 49 career AHL games with Rochester, Grand Rapids Griffins and Manitoba. In 143 career ECHL games with Toledo, Rankin collected 130 points on 65 goals and 65 assists. He also played one season with Rio Grande Valley of the Central Hockey League (2008-09) and four seasons of collegiate hockey at Notre Dame from 2004 to 2008.
Schofield, 25, appeared in 73 AHL games with the Syracuse Crunch last season, recording 17 points on eight goals and nine assists, along with 28 penalty minutes and a +9 rating. He also appeared in four Calder Cup Playoff games with the Crunch. In 2010-11, the 6-foot-2, 197-pound Schofield registered seven points (3+4) in 11 games with Syracuse after completing a four-year collegiate career at Lake Superior State University. A native of Scarborough, Ontario, Schofield notched 144 points (51+53) in 104 career games at Lake Superior State.
Amerks Full-Season, Half-Season and 12-Game ticket packages for the 2012-13 season are now on sale. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
American Hockey League Stories from July 3, 2012
- Coyotes Statement Regarding Forward Brett Maclean - San Antonio Rampage
- Rochester Americans Sign Rankin, Schofield to AHL Contracts - Rochester Americans
- Defenseman Andrew Campbell Signs Two-Year Contract with the Kings - Manchester Monarchs
- Remembering Rufenach: Center I.C.E. to Honor Fallen Prospect - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Sign Forward Mathieu Beaudoin - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Re-Sign Kris Newbury - Connecticut Whale
- Worcester Sharks Resign Forward Jimmy Bonneau - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Sign Forward Hugh Jessiman to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Former Admirals Defenseman Matt Smaby to One-Year Deal - Norfolk Admirals
- Kings 2012 Development Camp Opens on July 6 at TSC - Manchester Monarchs
- Phantoms and Flyers Sign Five - Adirondack Phantoms
- Summer Update from the Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Four-Time AHL All-Star St. Pierre Signs with Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Sabres to Hold 2012 Development Camp at First Niagara Center - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.