RHP Manzanillo to DL; LHP Valiquette from Brevard CountyJune 26, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Huntsville Stars
This is the second stint on the DL this season for Manzanillo. The 23-year-old was placed on the DL back on April 11 for six weeks. He is currently 0-4 with a 6.08 ERA (13.1ip/9er) in 12 games.
The Brewers signed Valiquette to a minor league contract on April 26 after he was released by the Seattle Mariners in March. The lefty missed all of the 2011 season due to injury. In 2010, he went 4-1 with a 4.15 ERA (65ip/30er) in 54 games split between Double-A and Triple-A, including a 2-0 record in 25 games for the former Southern League Carolina Mudcats. The 25-year-old was originally drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the seventh round of the 2004 First-Year Player Draft.
With these moves, the Stars active roster sits at 25 with five on the disabled list.
The Stars open a five-game series against Mobile tonight with Dew for Tuesday! Gates open at 6 p.m.
Southern League Stories from June 26, 2012
- Wahoos Return to Open Homestand - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- BayBears Drop Series Opener at Huntsville - Mobile BayBears
- Stinson, Morris Lead Stars over BayBears - Huntsville Stars
- Generals Storm Pensacola with 4-2 Win in Opener - Jackson Generals
- Smokies Homer Four Times in 11-6 Win over Barons Tuesday - Tennessee Smokies
- Phillips to the DL, Rojas Returns to Pensacola - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Top Prospect Zach Lee Joins Lookouts - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Ryan Buchter off the DL and Cory Harrilchak to the DL - Mississippi Braves
- RHP Manzanillo to DL; LHP Valiquette from Brevard County - Huntsville Stars
- Attendance up 18% at Pringles Park this Season - Jackson Generals
- Stars Host BayBears for Five-Game Homestand - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.