Wright, Kemp Are Dragons May Players of the MonthJune 7, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Other nominees for Batter of the Month were outfielders Steve Selsky and Kyle Waldrop. Other nominees for Pitcher of the Month were Carlos Contreras and Stalin Gerson.
Waldrop and McMyne will be honored tonight during an inning break of the Dragons game. There will also be a Player of the Month luncheon tomorrow (Friday) at 12:00 noon at Texas Roadhouse, 2600 Colonel Glenn Highway across from the Nutter Center. Fans may attend to ask questions to the winning players and receive autographs. The players will be available to the media for interviews.
Wright batted .349 with one home run and a team-leading 18 runs batted in during the month of May. He also led the team in runs scored (13), doubles (10), base hits (37), and stolen bases (6). He played in 27 of the Dragons 29 games. Wright is a 22-year-old native of Fort Wayne, Indiana who played college baseball at the University of Louisville. He was selected by the Cincinnati Reds in the fifth round of the 2011 draft.
Kemp posted a record of 1-0 with a 3.60 earned run average and one save in May. He appeared in nine games out of the bullpen. He is 21 years old and a native of Columbia, Maryland. He played collegiately at St. Joseph's University in Philadelphia and was the Reds 14th round draft pick in 2011.
Midwest League Stories from June 7, 2012
- Silver Hawks' Rally in Ninth - Great Lakes Loons
- Casali Leads Whitecaps To Fifth Straight Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Whitecaps Wash over TinCaps, 11-2 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Clinton cracks Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Win 2-0 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Bees Can't Hold On, Lose 4-3 to Snappers - Burlington Bees
- Muller's Game-Winning Hit Lifts Dragons to Fourth Straight Win - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Walk Off in Extras 4-3 - Lake County Captains
- Lugnuts Clinch Playoff Berth in Split with Hot Rods - Lansing Lugnuts
- River Bandits' Offense Goes Cold in 4-1 Loss to Cougars - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Rock River Bandits - Kane County Cougars
- Cougar Added to All-Star Roster - Kane County Cougars
- Western All-Star Roster Revised - MWL
- Hot Rods and USA Cares Partner to Benefit Kentucky's Military Families - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Gameday for June 7 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons and Vectren Present 2012 "Community All-Stars" - Dayton Dragons
- Wright, Kemp Are Dragons May Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Announce Major Stadium Renovations for 2013 Season - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels shut out at Peoria, 4-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Captains Change Sunday July 1 Game Time to 7:00, Add Fireworks Show - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.