VooDoo Acquire AFL Veteran OL Patrick AfifApril 28, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) New Orleans VooDoo
Afif (6'6" 310 lbs. Washington State) played collegiate football at Washington State, and went on to join the professional ranks thereafter with the Rio Grande Valley Dorados (af2) in 2006. Since 2006, Afif has played for five other AFL franchises while also spending two seasons in the CFL and UFL.
"Patrick is a solid player that will be able to help us up front," said VooDoo Head Coach Pat O'Hara. "He brings veteran leadership to our team and knowledge of our game that will only make our line better."
The Temecula, Calif. native was a member of the San Jose SaberCats 2007 championship team winning ArenaBowl XXI in New Orleans. He also played for Coach O'Hara last season with the Orlando Predators.
Arena Football League Stories from April 28, 2012
- Blaze Off to Best Start in Franchise History with Win - Utah Blaze
- Power Falls to Cleveland - Pittsburgh Power
- Spokane Defeats Jacksonville 56-48 - Spokane Shock
- Soul Come Back to Topple Orlando, 69-53 - Philadelphia Soul
- Mustangs Lose In Final Seconds, 61-58 - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Sharks' Late Surge Falls Short in 56-48 Loss - Jacksonville Sharks
- Predators Fall to Philadelphia Soul, 69-53 - Orlando Predators
- Gladiators Snap Losing Streak, Defeat Power 58-43 - Cleveland Gladiators
- SaberCats Dominate Iowa 76-33, Led by Strong Defensive Effort - San Jose SaberCats
- VooDoo Acquire AFL Veteran OL Patrick Afif - New Orleans VooDoo
- Mustangs Return Home to Face the Blaze - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Tonight's Game - What You Need to Know - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.