Bighorns Escape LegendsFebruary 1, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) Reno Bighorns
Ahearn went 4-for-5 from the free throw line, ending his streak of 110 consecutive free throws made, an NBA D-League record. He missed on a technical foul shot in the third quarter, ironically ending the streak that started the last time he missed on a technical foul shot on December 21. On January 21, Ahearn surpassed the NBA record of 97 consecutive free-throws made, set by Michael Williams of the Minnesota Timberwolves in 1993.
Both teams shot the ball well, converting over 50 percent of all shot attempts. The difference in the game would come at the free throw line, where the Bighorns went 28-of-34 while the Legends converted 16 of only 19 attempts.
Mo Charlo would post the games only double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. The Legends were led by Booker Woodfox's 24 points and five assists.
The Bighorns complete their four-game road trip on Thursday night against the Tulsa 66ers. The team returns to Reno to take on the Bakersfield Jam on Saturday, February 4 at the Reno Events Center.
Reno Bighorns group ticket packages are on sale today. Groups can experience one of the many Fan Experience Packages, including playing a game on the Bighorns court or performing a routine at halftime of a game. For more information call (775)853-8220 or visit RenoBighorns.com.
NBA Development League Stories from February 1, 2012
- Legends Challenge Best Scoring Duo in NBA Developmental League - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Escape Legends - Reno Bighorns
- Hobson Recalled by Bucks - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- D-Fenders Acquire Ishmael Smith - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Stampede Acquire Marcus Banks - Idaho Stampede
- Cavaliers Recall Harangody from Charge - Canton Charge
- Austin Toros' Justin Dentmon Named NBA Development League Player of the Month - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.