Wolves Sign Former Wisconsin Badger DaviesAugust 9, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Chicago Wolves
DAVIES set a career-high and shared sixth in the NCAA with 52 points (20G, 32A) in 41 games as a senior with the University of Wisconsin (WCHA) last season. He ranked second on the Badgers with a career-best 20 goals and third with a career-most 32 assists. The 23-year-old also made his professional debut in three Calder Cup playoff games with the American Hockey League's Bridgeport Sound Tigers after Wisconsin was defeated in the 2010 NCAA National Championship game.
The Chesterfield, Mo., native shared seventh on Wisconsin with 23 points (10G, 13A) in 34 outings as a junior in 2008-09. Overall, he amassed 54 goals, 69 assists, 123 points and 122 penalty minutes in 155 games with the Badgers, spanning four seasons (2006-10).
Prior to joining Wisconsin, DAVIES recorded 28 goals, 43 assists and 71 points in 53 United States Hockey League contests with the St. Louis Heartland Eagles and Lincoln Stars, spanning two seasons (2003-04, 2005-06). He spent the 2004-05 season with the Springfield Jr. Blues of the North American Hockey League, registering 30 goals, 27 assists and 57 points in 56 games and was named the NAHL Rookie of the Year.
In accordance with team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The Wolves have announced six dates for the 2010-11 season, including the 17th home opener, presented by LifeSource, at the Allstate Arena on Sat., Oct. 16, at 7 p.m. For information on ticket packages or group outings, visit chicagowolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
American Hockey League Stories from August 9, 2010
- Admirals Announce Three-Year Deal with 102.1 the Game - Norfolk Admirals
- Nashville Signs Dekanich - Milwaukee Admirals
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Right Wing Teemu Selanne to One-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Announce Zatkoff Mask Design Contest - Manchester Monarchs
- Riley Cote Named Assistant Coach of the Adirondack Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wolves Sign Former Wisconsin Badger Davies - Chicago Wolves
- Lightning Hire Jon Cooper to be Head Coach of Norfolk Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Lightning Sign 2010 Draft Pick, Defenseman Radko Gudas - Norfolk Admirals
- Pink in the Rink Fundraiser Earns Top Spot - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Sign Forward Eric Lampe - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.