Stephane Guillaume Signs With City StarsMay 16, 2009 - USL First Division (USL-1) - Cleveland City Stars Press Release
"We have known about Stephane for quite some time and we're happy to have worked out a deal," said City Stars Executive Director Aaron Tredway. "Stephane is a very talented and experienced defender and we look forward to seeing what he can bring to our club."
Gillaume began his professional career with Aigle Noir AC in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti from 2002-2004. During that time Gillaume also played for the Haitian U-17, U-20 and U-23 teams before moving up to the senior Haitian National Team from 2003-2005 where he was a teammate of current City Stars forward Ricardo Pierre-Louis.
Gillaume moved to the U.S. in 2005 when he signed with the Colorado Rapids of MLS. Gillaume moved on to Miami FC in 2006 and appeared in 23 matches between 2006 and 2008.
The addition of Guillaume adds another experienced USL First Division player to the City Stars roster. Guillaume will bring that experience to the Cleveland lineup tonight as he has joined the City Stars in Minnesota and will be in uniform for tonight's 8:05 p.m. match with the Thunder.
USL First Division Stories from May 16, 2009
- Five Portland defenders contribute to extend unbeaten streak - Portland Timbers
- The Minnesota Thunder Falls Again to Cleveland 0-1 - Minnesota Thunder
- Miami FC takes third loss in a row - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- City Stars Defeat Minnesota Thunder 1-0 For First Victory Of Season - Cleveland City Stars
- RailHawks Down Miami 2-0 - Carolina RailHawks
- Impact Faces The Austin Aztex Sunday At Saputo Stadium - Montreal Impact
- Stephane Guillaume Signs With City Stars - Cleveland City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.