Kansas City Wizards Goalkeeper Kevin Hartman Breaks All-Time MLS Saves RecordMarch 28, 2009 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Sporting Kansas City
Hartman tied Meola's mark with his 1136th career stop in the 44th minute Saturday off a hard-hit shot from Rapids midfielder Nick LaBrocca. Just two minutes later, Hartman became the all-time saves leader with by covering a shot off the left foot of Colorado forward Omar Cummings. Kansas City and Colorado enter halftime of their early-season tilt tied 0-0.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 28, 2009
- Kansas City Wizards Fall to Colorado Rapids 2-1 Sat. as Kevin Hartman Breaks Career MLS Saves Record - Sporting Kansas City
- Fire tie United - Chicago Fire
- Kansas City Wizards Goalkeeper Kevin Hartman Breaks All-Time MLS Saves Record - Sporting Kansas City
- Kenny Mansally's 90th-minute goal helps the Revs grab a point on the road against rival Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- D.C. United joins Nothing But Nets campaign - D.C. United
- Kickoff Luncheon raises more than $20,000 for United for D.C. - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.