Long Beach to return to ABA in 2007December 29, 2006 - American Basketball Association (ABA)
The team will be owned by Nicole (Nickey) Wainwright, a successful business owner in Long Beach. "She's a down-to-earth business savvy woman that has the drive, attitude and determination to make things work," added Newman. "By instituting her business and entertainment experience with her passion for basketball, Nicole looks forward to her "Basketball Back to the Beach" campaign to be based on community involvement, fun and excitement for Long Beach."
"I have always been around sports and entertainment and owning this team is one of my most exciting accomplishments yet," said Ms. Wainwright. "As a single mom of teenagers, my focus is showing my kids and my community that anything can be done. I am a firm believer that you can have anything you want in life as long as you strive for it. Set a goal and remember the number one universal law and things will unfold for you dramatically."
As well as a year round "Night Court League" that trains and conditions players who are seeking to become pro athletes, Ms. Wainwright owns TyTe-HyPe Entertainment, LLC, an entertainment consulting company that packages independent artists, models, actors, producers, music groups and sports figures and prepares them for the future goals and Storme Karen Consulting, LLC, a business consulting company that help start-up and existing business expansion. The team will be owned by The Long Beach Basketball Group, Inc, and will be named THE LONG BEACH STORM.
For more information, call Nicole Wainwright at 562 494 2000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.abalive.com.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
American Basketball Association Stories from December 29, 2006
- Tyson Key in Bringing Buffalo Victory Over Cape Cod, 118-110 - Buffalo Silverbacks
- Texas dominates wire to wire, defeats Waco 140-92 - Texas Tycoons
- Jam Versus Tropics Tonight - Jacksonville Slam
- Sound Hitting Road for Two - Strong Island Sound
- Long Beach to return to ABA in 2007 - ABA
- Cape Cod pushes ABA champion Razorsharks to the limit - Cape Cod Frenzy
- Sound end December strong - Strong Island Sound
- Buzz slay Dragons to end three-game losing streak - Maywood Buzz
- ABA introduces prize money play - ABA
- River Hawks snap Ripknees' nine-game winning streak - Minnesota Ripknees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.