Falcons to Help Hurricane Victims - 50% of New Full Season Ticket Sales to be DonatedSeptember 1, 2005 - ECHL (ECHL) - Fresno Falcons Press Release
From now until the team's first regular season game on Oct. 21, the purchase of full season tickets, which include all 36 Falcons home games plus seats to both the 2006 Bud Light ECHL All-Star Game and Skills Competition on Jan. 24 and 25 at Save Mart Center, will directly help the Gulf Coast regions affected by Hurricane Katrina.
Seating Section Full Season Ticket Price Donation to American Red
Blue $752 $376
Red $680 $340
Green $604 $302
Gold $582 $291
Silver/Family $456 $228
Student $312 $156
*For more information, please call (559) 485-PUCK (7825). A Save Mart Center seating chart can be found at www.fresnofalcons.com/tickets.html.
"Like many people across the country, we have been shaken by the destruction Hurricane Katrina has caused, and our hearts go out to everyone in the region," said Falcons president Greg Schuh. "It especially hits home to us since our ECHL colleagues at the Mississippi Sea Wolves have been directly impacted by the tragedy. From our owner, Charles Davenport, and myself and the rest of the Falcons front office staff, we are committed to raising as much money as possible to help the victims in Mississippi and Louisiana."
The Sea Wolves play their home games in Biloxi, Miss., where their arena, the Mississippi Coast Coliseum, is located right on the shoreline, approximately 200 yards from the Gulf of Mexico.
The ECHL released the following statement earlier today regarding the organization that won the 1999 Kelly Cup Championship:
The status of the Mississippi Sea Wolves hockey team for the upcoming season is still unknown. The league has been monitoring and will continue to monitor the situation, but communication is very difficult.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with not only the Sea Wolves staff, players, and fans, but all of the people that have been affected by Hurricane Katrina," said ECHL commissioner Brian McKenna. "We encourage ECHL fans to donate and provide whatever support that they can to disaster relief."
The Falcons open their 2005-06 ECHL season on Oct. 21 against the Victoria Salmon Kings at Save Mart Center. In addition to full season tickets, mini-plans are also available starting as low as $42.
ECHL Stories from September 1, 2005
- Condors opponent Sea Wolves' status unknown - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors participate in relief efforts for fellow ECHL region - Bakersfield Condors
- Falcons to Help Hurricane Victims - 50% of New Full Season Ticket Sales to be Donated - Fresno Falcons
- September brings another Black Bear - Alaska Aces
- Colorado Avalanche Named San Diego's New NHL Affiliate - San Diego Gulls
- Checkers Face Off Against Hurricane Katrina - Charlotte Checkers
- Sea Wolves season plans unknown - ECHL
- Chiefs sign a pair of defensemen - Johnstown Chiefs
- Full-service moving company announced as newest sponsor - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Wranglers individual tickets on sale now - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.