Cloutier Tied For Third In ECHL MVP VotingApril 21, 2005 - ECHL (ECHL) - Pensacola Ice Pilots
Cloutier appeared in 48 games for the Ice Pilots during the regular season posting a record of 32-12-3 with a 2.37 goals against average and .928 save percentage. Cloutier finished tied for first in the league among goalies with 32 wins and was third with 1,417 saves. He also was tied for second in the league with 5 shutouts during the regular season.
Scott Gomez of Alaska finished first in the voting as he was the top scorer in the league with 86 points. Gomez also led the league with 73 assists. Former Ice Pilot's Chris Minard of Alaska finished second in the voting. Minard was the top goal scorer in the league with 49 goals and fourth in ! the league in scoring with 78 points.
Idaho rookie goaltender Frank Doyle tied Cloutier in the voting for third place. Doyle appeared in 52 games for Idaho posting a record of 32-13-4 with a 2.16 goals against average and .916 save percentage. Toledo's Carl Mallette finished fifth in the voting scoring 30 goals, 50 assists for 80 points in 64 games played.
Season tickets for the Ice Pilots 2005-2006 season are on sale. Fans can call the Ice Pilots office at 432-7825 for season ticket information.
ECHL Stories from April 21, 2005
- Kelly Cup Playoffs Move Into Second Round - ECHL
- James Called Up for AHL Playoffs - Bakersfield Condors
- Checkers front office builds on success - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers king Inferno in overtime - Augusta Lynx
- Mississippi Announces Fans Choice Awards - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Cloutier Tied For Third In ECHL MVP Voting - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grrrowl announce semifinal round playoff schedule - Greenville Grrrowl
- Checkers take game five and series with 4-3 overtime win at Columbia - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.