The Green Bay Gamblers dropped a pair of games last weekend. After falling 4-2 to the Muskegon Lumberjacks at the Resch Center on Friday, the Gamblers were defeated 7-1 in Dubuque on Saturday. Gamblers are in the middle of the pack in the USHL Eastern Division with a mark of 8-10-3. Standings are tight as only six points separate the 2nd and 8th place teams.
Green Bay scored a pair of goals in the third period, but an empty net goal in the final minute allowed Muskegon to escape the Resch Center with a 4-2 win. Trailing 3-0 in the third period, team captain Nick Leitner got the Gamblers on the board at the 3:44 mark. Forward Noah Ganske scored his second goal in as many games, to cut the lead to 3-2 (16:35). Muskegon tallied an empty-net goal at the 19:01 mark to thwart the Gamblers comeback. Evan Fear started the game but was pulled after allowing three goals on 20 shots. Jake Begley stopped all 15 shots in a little over 22-minutes of action.
Dubuque tallied four second period goals and went 3-for-5 with the man advantage in a 7-1 win over the Gamblers on Saturday at the Mystique Ice Arena in Dubuque, Iowa. Noah Ganske upped his consecutive game goal streak to three, tallying the Gamblers lone goal. Evan Fear started the game but was pulled after allowing four goals on 18 shots. Jake Begley allowed three goals on 14 shots in a little over 33-minutes of action.
Green Bay is in Cedar Rapids this Friday (12/7) before returning to the Resch Center for their annual Military Appreciation Night on Saturday (12/8). Game time on Saturday is 7:05 PM. Tickets available online at gamblershockey.com and at the Resch Center box office. Box office hours are 11:00 - 5:00 PM Monday - Friday and beginning at 11:00 AM on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2018
- Saints Raise over $16,000 for Veterans Freedom Center - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - December 4 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Muskegon Prepares to Welcome Dubuque for Back-To-Back Home Games - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Weekend Recap - Green Bay Gamblers
- First-Of-Its-Kind Promotion Deserves "Tip of the Helmet" - Chicago Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Gamblers Stories
- Celebrate Wisconsin
- Gamblers Raise $40,000 for the Disabled American Veterans
- Fear Named Goaltender of the Week
- Weekend Recap
- Military Night Jersey Auction Saturday