Tarpons WR Carlos Singleton Moves up to AFL
FORT MYERS, FL - The Florida Tarpons are excited that another player from the 2012 roster has moved up, with wide receiver Carlos Singleton signing with the Tampa Bay Storm of the Arena Football League.
Singleton caught 4 passes for 42 yards, and 1 touchdown in the season finale against the Spokane Shock Saturday night. This is the 5th player from the 2012 season to move up.
For the Tarpons Singleton was selected 1st Team WR for the UIFL. In 12 games he caught 83 passes for 971 yards and 26 TD's.
For more information about the Florida Tarpons visit www.floridatarpons.com. Season tickets are now on sale and start at $42.00 for all 7 home games. To purchase season tickets email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tarpons finished the 2012 regular season with an 11-0, and hosted the Southern Conference Championship game against the Lakeland Raiders. The Tarpons were crowned Southern Conference Champions with the victory over Lakeland, and advanced to the Ultimate Bowl 2. Having the #1 seed for the post season, the Tarpons in their first season hosted the league championship game at Germain Arena, however the Tarpons were defeated by the visiting Cincinnati Commandos. The road to Ultimate Bowl 3 starts now!
• Discuss this story on the Ultimate Indoor Football League message board...
Ultimate Indoor Football League Stories from July 22, 2012
- Tarpons WR Carlos Singleton Moves up to AFL - Florida Tarpons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tarpons Stories
- A-League Sports Acquires Florida Tarpons for New Arena League Play in 2019
- Tarpons Earn First Win over Austin 50-30
- Florida Tarpons Host Undefeated Atlanta Havoc Saturday
- Florida Tarpons Home Opener Saturday, April 14
- Offense can't get on track as Tarpons fall to Atlanta Havoc, 48-21