Tampa Bay Bolsters Both Sides of The Ball
TAMPA BAY - Former Tampa Bay Buccaneer Dre Moore was acquired by the Tampa Bay Storm, along with defensive backs James Harrell and Donald Smith, and wide receiver DeAngelo Woodie announced vice president of football operations Jeff Gooch.
Moore (6-foot-4, 310 lbs., Maryland) enters his first season in the Arena Football League with the Tampa Bay Storm. He was drafted in the fourth round (115th pick) of the 2008 National Football League Entry Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In seven games played, Moore tallied five total tackles for the Buccaneers. He also spent time with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Prior to his professional career, Moore played four years at the University of Maryland. He started in 26-of-44 games for the Terrapins, recording 140 total tackles including 17.5 for a loss, and 10.5 sacks. Moore also had three forced fumbles, two pass breakups and an interception. He would go on to earn All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors his senior year.
Harrell (5-foot-10, 195 lbs., Arkansas-Pine Bluff) rejoins the Storm for his second stint with the team. In four games played this season, the Tampa, FL native tallied 22.5 tackles, two pass breakups, and an interception returned 38 yards for a touchdown.
Smith (5-foot-9, 175 lbs., Northern Illinois) joins his brother Chris for his first season with the Tampa Bay Storm. The Palmetto, FL native prepped at Palmetto High School prior to attending Ellsworth Community College (IA). He would then move on to play for Northern Illinois. Smith played two seasons with the Huskies.
Woodie (5-foot-11, 200 lbs., Gibbs H.S.) joins the Storm after spending several seasons in various indoor football leagues.
The Storm has activated wide receiver Justin Hilton from other league exempt.
The team has placed wide receivers Chris C. Davis and Michael Lindsey on inactive reserve. Defensive back De'Audra Dix was placed on injured reserve.
Defensive linemen Tremaine Johnson and John Brown were reassigned.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from July 26, 2013
- Blaze to Hold Military Induction during Saturday's Game U.S. Army and Army Reserves to Reaffirm Oath - Utah Blaze
- Saturday's Game - What You Need to Know - Jacksonville Sharks
- Top Playoff Seed on the Line as Soul Travel to Alamodome - Philadelphia Soul
- Talons Celebrate Fans with Free Food, Festivities and Discounted Season Tickets at Final Home Game - San Antonio Talons
- Tampa Bay Bolsters Both Sides of The Ball - Tampa Bay Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Storm Stories
- Tampa Bay Storm to Suspend Operations, Effective Immediately
- 2018 TAMPA BAY Storm Cheerleader PREP CLASS
- ALBANY AFL NAMES LES MOSS AS ASSISTANT HEAD COACH
- ALBANY AFL ANNOUNCES OPEN HOUSE EVENT AT TIMES UNION CENTER
- AFL Albany AFL Names Chris Thompson Director of Football