Super Bowl Champion Returns to River Monsters to "Finish What We Started"
The Northern Kentucky River Monsters are proud to announce the signing QB Jared Lorenzen. The Highland Heights native, and University of Kentucky standout was part of the Super Bowl XLII champions NY Giants.
In 2011, with the Northern Kentucky River Monsters, Lorenzen threw for 3473 yards and 81 touchdowns. He was also named the UIFL League MVP. In 2013 Jared played 2 games with the Owensboro Rage of the CIFL. Jared threw 15 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions.
Head Coach Brian Schmidt said "I field several times a day the question is Jared coming back? Today is a day that I can definitely say yes, and a day River Monster Fans can be excited for. Having a QB the caliber of Jared improves not only the River Monsters, but league as a whole. "
"I cannot be more excited for the 2014 season." Jared responded. "So many of us wanted to finish what we started in 2011. The team that has been assembled really is impressive not only in talent but in great guys that the fans will love. This River Monster team is going to be fun to watch."
For season and single game ticket sales, and the schedule for the season visit WWW.NKYRM.COM.
• Discuss this story on the Continental Indoor Football League message board...
Continental Indoor Football League Stories from December 18, 2013
- Super Bowl Champion Returns to River Monsters to "Finish What We Started" - Northern Kentucky River Monsters
- Final Tryouts Set for Erie Explosion Season - Erie Explosion
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northern Kentucky River Monsters Stories
- River Monsters to Suspend Operations Effective Immediately
- The Story of Rico and JR
- Monsters Win Against the Sharks 36-24, Move onto the Playoffs
- River Monsters Dominate Chicago, Get One Step Closer to Playoffs
- River Monsters' Dekota Marshall Called up by Calgary