Storm Acquires Quarterback and Offensive Lineman
TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Storm acquired quarterback B.J. Hall, announced vice president of football operations Jeff Gooch. The team also acquired offensive lineman Byron Isom.
"B.J. brings professional experience to the quarterback position," said Gooch. "We believe that he will help elevate the competition and play of the team."
Hall (6-foot-2, 228 lbs., Webber International) enters his fourth season in the AFL and his second stint in a Storm uniform. The St. Petersburg native began his collegiate career at Troy State (2004) before moving on to Solano Community College (CA) and finally settling in at Webber International for his final season. At Solano, Hall was a First Team All-Conference selection in 2005, earning these honors as a utility player seeing action at quarterback, wide receiver, defensive back and return specialist. Hall played in seven games at Webber and completed 110 passes for 719 yards, rushed 52 times for 118 yards and scored a total of eight touchdowns.
Hall began his AFL career in 2010 with the Dallas Vigilantes. He also spent time with the Orlando Predators. Hall was a member of the 2011 Grey Cup Champion Toronto Argonauts.
Isom (6-foot-3, 300 lbs., Auburn) joins the Storm for the second time this season. Isom played in three games for the Storm, seeing action on the offensive line and on special teams. The national champion (2010) helped lead Auburn to a number one ranking in the SEC in the rushing category during its 2010 campaign. He spent time with the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League in 2011.
The Storm has reassigned quarterback Stephen Garcia. Garcia (6-foot-3, 230 lbs., South Carolina) appeared in two games for the Storm this season.
The team has reassigned defensive back James Harrell. Harrell (5-foot-10, 195 lbs., Arkansas-Pine Bluff) has played in two games this season and recorded 11 total tackles.
The Five-Time World Champion Tampa Bay Storm enters its 27th season in the Arena Football League. The Storm will host "Youth Sports Night," Saturday, April 26 when it takes on the Spokane Shock on AMALIE Motor Oil Field at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. For more specific details regarding single-game pricing and availability, please contact the Storm ticket office at 813.301.6600 or visit www.tampabaystorm.com. Season tickets can be purchased by visiting TampaBayStorm.com or by calling 813.301.6600. For group sales fans can contact 813.301.6900. Additionally fans and sponsors can follow the Storm on Facebook (Tampa Bay Storm) or Twitter (@tampabaystorm) for up to date news and exclusive content.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from April 24, 2014
- Sharks Shuffle Roster on Thursday - Jacksonville Sharks
- Storm Acquires Quarterback and Offensive Lineman - Tampa Bay Storm
- Pittsburgh Travels to Cleveland for Week 7 of AFL Action - Pittsburgh Power
- Sponsor Local Military Personnel with a Desktop Storm Dawg - Tampa Bay Storm
- Arena Football Returns to ESPN - AFL
- Philadelphia's Kizer Voted Week 6 AFL MVP - Philadelphia Soul
- Week 7 Preview: Sharks Host Thunder on Saturday - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Storm Stories
- Tampa Bay Storm to Suspend Operations, Effective Immediately
- 2018 TAMPA BAY Storm Cheerleader PREP CLASS
- ALBANY AFL NAMES LES MOSS AS ASSISTANT HEAD COACH
- ALBANY AFL ANNOUNCES OPEN HOUSE EVENT AT TIMES UNION CENTER
- AFL Albany AFL Names Chris Thompson Director of Football