Steel and Prevea Health Partner to Raise $5,190 from Hockey Fights Cancer Jersey Auction
Chippewa Falls, WI - The Chippewa Steel and Prevea Health partnered to raise $5,190. On Saturday, Oct. 5th, the Chippewa Steel sported special pink jerseys as part of Hockey Fights Cancer Night. The game-worn jerseys were auctioned off to benefit the HSHS St. Joseph's Foundation to help purchase a mobile mammography unit for Western Wisconsin.
"Prevea was proud to sponsor this event that raised funds as well as community awareness to promote early detection of breast cancer," says Angela Quick, Director of Prevea Cancer Center at HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital.
"The HSHS St. Joseph's and Sacred Heart Foundations are grateful to the Chippewa Steel for their tremendous commitment to helping women in our area have better access to screening opportunities, through mobile mammography," says Andrea Blaeser, Director of Philanthropy, HSHS St. Joseph's Foundation, "This gift will help us reach our goal to purchase a mobile mammography unit for Western Wisconsin."
"We're happy to be able to not only create awareness to routinely get checked for breast cancer but also help support the funding for the mobile mammography unit that is needed. The bidders of the Hockey Fights Cancer jerseys were more than generous in helping raise these funds for people of Western Wisconsin," said Jake Serwe, Business Manager of the Chippewa Steel Hockey team.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2019
- Steel and Prevea Health Partner to Raise $5,190 from Hockey Fights Cancer Jersey Auction - Chippewa Steel
- Wilderness Remember Esko High School Student with Moment of Silence - Minnesota Wilderness
- Hawks Talk - Bears, Brooms, and Bobbleheads - Johnstown Tomahawks
- NAHL Team in Wichita Falls, Texas Approved for the 2020-21 Season - Wichita Falls Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.