Stars QB Case Cookus Avoids Trouble with Wife After Losing Wedding Ring During Game
When he realized he lost his wedding band during a game, Stars QB Case Cookus made an impassioned explanation to his wife on TV.
Happy wife, happy life?
Philadelphia Stars quarterback Case Cookus almost tested that theory the hard way when he looked down at his hands during the Stars' 37-31 comeback win over the Pittsburgh Maulers on Saturday and realized that his wedding ring was missing.
Embarrassed, he quickly turned to the nearest on-field camera and made sure to relay a message to clear things up with his wife, Tyler Carr Cookus, who was presumably back home watching the game on FS1.
"Tell my wife I lost my wedding ring, but I've got an extra one!" Case Cookus said. "I swear I just lost it, I don't know where it went. ... I swear I had it!"
Case's plea apparently worked with Tyler, who later tweeted that she had already ordered a replacement set of athletic wedding bands from Amazon to be shipped to her husband.
According to her Twitter bio, Tyler is a manager of business development at Learfield who works with the UNLV athletic department, which explains why she and her husband have a bit of a long-distance relationship when the USFL is in season. Good thing FOX Sports' all-access on-field microphones and Amazon shipping are there to bridge the gap.
In his second season as the Stars' starting quarterback, Case Cookus has 1,520 pass yards - second in the USFL this year - seven passing touchdowns and one lost wedding ring. The Stars currently sit atop the USFL's North Division with a 4-3 record.
• Discuss this story on the United States Football League message board...
United States Football League Stories from May 31, 2023
- Stars QB Case Cookus Avoids Trouble with Wife After Losing Wedding Ring During Game - Philadelphia Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Stars Stories
- What to Expect in Philadelphia Stars vs. New Jersey Generals
- What to Expect in Philadelphia Stars vs. Birmingham Stallions
- Stars QB Case Cookus Avoids Trouble with Wife After Losing Wedding Ring During Game
- Stars Lean On Case Cookus-Corey Coleman Connection In Comeback Win Over Maulers
- Inside Corey Coleman's Journey from First-Round NFL Pick to USFL Standout