Snohomish County Stallions joins Courtyard Media Group Inc.
Everett, WA - Courtyard Media Group INC. (CYMG) is proud to announce today that the search for a football league to join in 2008 is over. Courtyard media will join a new startup league called the Indoor Gridiron Football League (IGFL), which has 10-12 teams slated for play in the 2008 fall season. Courtyard Media will have a team in Snohomish County that will play in the league for the inaugural season called the Stallions.
"We looked around at many indoor football leagues and after talking with both owners of other indoor football teams and current owners from the International Basketball League (Explosion Basketball is owned by CYMG and participates in the IBL) the choice was really a simple one," said Nathan Mumm, Courtyard Media CEO. "This was a perfect fit for both Basketball and Football because this new football season runs in the fall from November through February. The Explosion Basketball team can start their season directly after the football season and we can keep all of our staff members working on both identities all season long. Seven indoor football leagues currently play in the spring, so this league makes the most sense to join as the talent base that plays in the spring will now be available to play in the fall league. Being able to obtain these top players will give us a huge chance to have a very successful season."
Courtyard Media Group INC has definitely been successful this season. In its first year of operation the Explosion Basketball team lead its division and became the 2007 IBL West Division Champions. The banner raising ceremonies will be this Tuesday, June 26th, at the Everett Events Center.
Courtyard Media formerly announced that the name for the football team, the Stealth, had been slated to be the organization's name but a local owner has created his own Stealth organization that is not a part of Courtyard Media. "I want to make sure people understand that we are not at all part of the Stealth organization that currently exists," Mumm commented. "We had planned at one time to work together with this organization but it is now evident that we have both gone very different directions. All of Courtyard Media's companies are geared on family based enjoyment and player interaction with the fans. Courtyard Media is not in competition with any team participating in a spring league.
The IGFL is planning to have a formal announcement on July 4th, 2007, about the league's operations and upcoming teams.
Brief Information about the IGFL:
* With a 20 second play clock, a field layout of 50 yards, and just two timeouts per half, the action is fast paced and the scoring is high.
* Removal of any netting that would keep fans away from the action. All footballs sent into crowd are kept by the fans. Sidelines will be on the field of play so toe tapping catches are back.
* The talent level will be second to none to any other indoor league, as all spring league players will be available to play in the fall.
* No Field Goal or Extra Points. Every touchdown you can go for a 1, 2, or 3 point conversion.
* 7 man football with no holding calls, no blitzing rules, just all out, fast paced action.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Gridiron Football League message board...
Indoor Gridiron Football League Stories from June 25, 2007
- Snohomish County Stallions joins Courtyard Media Group Inc. - Snohomish County Stallions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.