Seals Announce Charitable Giving for Stick Up For A Cure Night
(SAN DIEGO, CA - April 8, 2019) The San Diego Seals announce that tomorrow, Tuesday, April 9, the Seals will donate 50% of all ticket sales back to local cancer charities in support of the team's Stick Up For A Cure game on Friday, April 12. Any ticket purchased during that day for any of the remaining games this season will count toward the total donation. Tickets start at low as $15 and can be found at SealsLax.com.
About Stick Up For A Cure:
Players will be wearing special jerseys, each representing a different type of cancer and the nameplate will have "I'm Sticking Up For", personalized with the name of someone who has battled that cancer.
The jerseys were auctioned off, with proceeds going to local cancer charities.
Immediately following the game, the auction winner will receive the jersey from the player during a special Jerseys Off Our Back celebration.
During halftime, the team will show a video of some incredible experiences the players had with local cancer patients, caregivers, and survivors.
Recipients of funds raised will include the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, PANCAN, Zero Cancer, Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation, and American Childhood Cancer Organization.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from April 8, 2019
- Seals Announce Charitable Giving for Stick Up For A Cure Night - San Diego Seals
- Kelly Named NLL Rookie of the Week - San Diego Seals
- Roughnecks to Support Alberta Children's Hospital in Annual SUPERHERO Party - Calgary Roughnecks
- League Issues Statement on Realignment Speculation - NLL
- Rush Set to Honour University of Saskatchewan Alumni - Saskatchewan Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.