Sarah-Eve Coutu Godbout Signs with NWHL Toronto
TORONTO -Â Sarah-Eve Coutu Godbout, a forward from Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec who earlier this year completed an outstanding collegiate career at Quinnipiac, has signed a contract to join the NWHL's new team in Toronto.
You could say Coutu Godbout has started to call her shot. On the Quinnipiac team website, under Personal Information, it states: "Plans to play in the NWHL and then come back home to buy the family's business after graduating."
"Sarah-Eve brings a passion and proven ability to create offense and score goals," said Quinnipiac head coach Cassandra Turner. "With great hands in small space and grit around the net to finish, she's very impactful on the power play. She's currently at the top of her game and will be a great asset to Toronto! Congrats, Sarah!"
The 22-year-old Coutu Godbout played at Quinnipiac from 2017-2020 and was the team's leading goal scorer and second in points last season, with 16 goals and 10 assists for 26 points in 36 games. She was also a member of Team Canada when they won the silver medal at the U-18 IIHF World Championship in 2015.
"I am beyond grateful to be part of the first NWHL team in Canada," said Coutu Godbout. "I can't wait to start this new chapter and play my first year of pro in Toronto. This inaugural season will be memorable, and I'm thrilled to join the team and engage with the fans."
Godbout is the seventh player to sign with Toronto since the team was announced on April 22.
"Sarah-Eve is a superb all-around forward and strong leader," said team President Digit Murphy. "You could see her development with each season at Quinnipiac as she became their top goal scorer. Sarah-Eve's game will continue to rise as a pro, and she will be an important part of a Cup-contending team next season in Toronto."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from May 7, 2020
- Riveters Sign 2020 Fourth Overall Draft Pick Saroya Tinker - Metropolitan Riveters
- Sarah-Eve Coutu Godbout Signs with NWHL Toronto - Toronto Six
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Six Stories
- Mackenzie MacNeil Becomes 18th Player to Sign with the NWHL's Toronto Six
- PEI-Raised Defender Sarah Steele Returns to Canada, Joins the NWHL's Toronto Six
- Toronto Six Get Stronger with Signing of Emma Woods
- The Toronto Six Unveil Three Jerseys for Inaugural NWHL Season, Launch Official Team Store
- Colgate NCAA Tourney Hero Breanne Wilson-Bennett Adds to Toronto Six's High-Skilled Forward Corps