San Antonio FC Re-Signs Midfielder Ethan Bryant
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio FC has re-signed midfielder and San Antonio native Ethan Bryant for the 2021 season, pending league and federation approval. Per team policy, the terms of the deals were not disclosed.
"We are pleased to have Ethan back with our SAFC family for another season," said SAFC Head Coach Alen Marcina. "Ethan is a part of an important homegrown contingent on the roster. He is committed to his personal development and shows great learning and growth desire each day. Ethan is strong technically, demonstrates high football intelligence, and is a versatile player capable of performing in multiple positions for the team."
After joining the club late in the 2020 season, Bryant made two regular season appearances, recording 29 minutes on the field. Bryant re-joined San Antonio FC last September after originally spending parts of the 2018-19 seasons with the club prior to moving to KSV Roeselare in the Belgium second division. In his first two seasons with San Antonio, Bryant appeared in 16 league matches, compiling 1,225 minutes played. The 19-year-old scored two goals and recorded three assists with the Alamo City club, while also appearing in two Open Cup matches.
Originally discovered by the club after participating in the SAFC Pro Academy's Elite Training Program, Bryant trained with the first team under observation during the 2017 season prior to being added to the roster in 2018. The midfielder is the second-youngest player to debut for the club after he made his first appearance at age 16.
"I'm really happy to be re-signing with San Antonio FC," said Bryant. "Soccer has been crazy this past year for me, but I'm grateful to have a club that believes in me. I am ready to get to work and represent the city."
San Antonio FC is currently preparing for the upcoming USL Championship season, and fans can purchase 2021 season tickets by calling or texting the SAFC sales office at 210-444-5657 or by visiting SanAntonioFC.com. Supporters can also follow the club by liking San Antonio FC on Facebook (@SAFCUSL), as well as following the team on Twitter (@SanAntonioFC) and Instagram (@sanantoniofc).
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 12, 2021
- LouCity, Midfielder Matsoso Agree to New Multiyear Deal - Louisville City FC
- New Mexico United Closes Front Office/Team Store for Remainder of Day Following Positive COVID-19 Test - New Mexico United
- New Mexico United Announces the Signing of Albuquerque Native Alex Touche - New Mexico United
- San Antonio FC Re-Signs Midfielder Ethan Bryant - San Antonio FC
- Atlanta United 2 Signs Robbie Mertz - Atlanta United 2
- Tulsa Native Ciaran Winters Makes History by Signing Pro Contract with FC Tulsa - FC Tulsa
- Energy FC Bolsters Backline with Conor Donovan - OKC Energy FC
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Tournament Series to Launch in 2021 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.