Renegades Climbing Standings
April 16, 2013 - Champions Professional Indoor Football League (CPIFL) - Kansas City Renegades News Release
With Friday's win over the Kansas Koyotes in Topeka, the Renegades, 3-2 and winners of 3 straight, have ascended into the top half of the CPIFL standings. At fourth place, they would make the playoffs if they started today.
1. Omaha Beef: 4-0
2. Wichita Wild: 5-1
3. Sioux City Bandits: 4-1
4. KC RENEGADES: 3-2
-------- 5. Salina Bombers: 2-2
6. Bloomington Edge: 2-3
7. Oklahoma Defenders: 2-3
8. Lincoln Haymakers: 1-3
9. Kansas Koyotes: 1-4
10: Mid-Missouri Outlaws: 0-5
The season is less than halfway over, but KC's early season struggles (0-2) appear further and further in the rear view, especially considering:
- KC's two losses came against good teams (Omaha and Sioux City).
- KC has since switched quarterbacks, from Dennis Gile to former Florida State signal caller Xavier Lee. Lee provides versatility at the position as a pass and run threat. Unfortunately, Lee had to miss last Friday's game due to a family health issue. This Saturday's game against the 0-5 Outlaws will be a good opportunity for Lee, who has played in just one game so far, to get more acquainted with the offense and his receivers.
- Two of KC's three wins have come against quality teams, including the undefeated (at the time) Wichita Wild, and the Oklahoma Defenders.
NEXT GAME: @ Mid-Missouri Outlaws, Saturday @ 7:05
NEXT HOME GAME: 4/27 vs Salina Bombers @ 7:05, Kemper Arena
- A full recap of last Friday's win over Kansas is at http://kcrenegades.com/?p1501.
- All our games are free to re-watch at the 810 WHB TV game archive. A link is on our website.
• Discuss this story on the Champions Professional Indoor Football League message board...
Champions Professional Indoor Football League Stories from April 16, 2013
- Renegades Climbing Standings - Kansas City Renegades
- Haymakers Face Bombers In Crucial Week Six Matchup - Lincoln Haymakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Renegades Stories
- Renegades lose 47-31
- Renegades Lose 47-31
- Renegades Fall 47-31
- Renegades Back Home Saturday
- KC Renegades team with the Salvation Army for Tailgater of the week and Food Drive