Philadelphia Independence Statement in Response to WPSL Elite Division
DOWNINGTOWN, Pa. (February 17, 2012) The Philadelphia Independence, one of five teams currently associated with Women's Professional Soccer (WPS), will not be participating in the Women's Premier Soccer League (WPSL) Elite Division in 2012. The Independence did have ample opportunity to be involved in WPSL and decided not to participate in the league at this time. Instead, the Independence and owner David Halstead will be focusing on improving the WPS business model and working to build the WPS league to come back better and stronger in 2013. The Philadelphia Independence is not in any way involved with the Philadelphia Fever, a team that announced its participation in the 2012 WPSL Elite Division earlier today.
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from February 17, 2012
- Philadelphia Independence Statement in Response to WPSL Elite Division - Philadelphia Independence
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Independence Stories
- Philadelphia Independence Statement in Response to WPSL Elite Division
- Philadelphia Independence Sign Icelandic Duo
- Philadelphia Independence Signs Lori Chalupny
- Philadelphia Independence Re-signs Pair of Defenders
- Independence Adds Depth, Strengthens Frontline At 2012 WPS Draft