Oneida Nation to Host National Lacrosse League 2011 All-Star Game
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - The National Lacrosse League (NLL) has reached agreement with the Oneida Indian Nation to serve as host and presenting sponsor of the league's 2011 All-Star Game. The game takes place at the Turning Stone Resort Casino in Verona, New York on February 27 at 1 p.m. CST.
The 2011 NLL All-Star game presented by the Oneida Indian Nation will be televised LIVE nationally on VERSUS.
"We're truly excited to form this new partnership with Turning Stone Casino and the Oneida Nation," said NLL Commissioner George Daniel. "Bringing the All-Star Game to this great venue helps us connect with the roots of our sport."
The game will feature the All-Stars of the Eastern Division vs. the All-Stars of the Western Division. The All Stars are selected by voting from Coaches, General Managers and fans. Fans can help select the All-Star Game starting lineups by going to NLL.com to cast their votes from today through Monday, February 7th.
"We're really excited that this year's All-Star game will be televised live on Versus," Swarm Owner John Arlotta said. "This will give lacrosse fans in Minnesota the chance to see the best players in the world in a competitive and fun environment. The national exposure the game is receiving is another indication that the sport of lacrosse is growing, but also that the NLL is as well."
Players who are currently on a 23-man roster are all eligible to participate in the All-Star game. Six players from each team are featured on the starting lineup ballot on NLL.com.
The Minnesota Swarm are represented by forwards Callum Crawford and Ryan Benesch, defensemen Joe Cinosky and Jon Sullivan, transition player Andrew Watt, and goaltender Nick Patterson.
"The All-Star game also serves as an opportunity for Swarm fans to show their support for the great players that we have here in Minnesota by voting for them on NLL.com," Arlotta said. "We have many players on our team that are deserving of a chance to play in this year's event."
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 21, 2011
- Boston Falls to Toronto in Overtime Battle - Boston Blazers
- Rock Win OT Thriller - Toronto Rock
- Washington Stealth Travels to Calgary this Weekend - Washington Stealth
- Oneida Nation to Host National Lacrosse League 2011 All-Star Game - Minnesota Swarm
- Mammoth Welcomes Wings to Pepsi Center on Saturday Night - Colorado Mammoth
- Minnesota Swarm Teams with Minnesota RollerGirls - Minnesota Swarm
- Rock Shuffle the Deck - Toronto Rock
- Cousins, Moleski And Duch Named To Canada's Team - Calgary Roughnecks
- Busy Weekend Begins Tonight for Rock - Toronto Rock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Swarm Stories
- Minnesota Swarm Announce Relocation Plans for 2016
- Minnesota Swarm Announce Coaching Staff Change
- Minnesota Swarm Win Overtime Thriller against Rochester in Season
- Minnesota Swarm Face Knighthawks in Last Game of Season
- Minnesota Swarm's Comeback Not Enough against Edmonton