OJ Simpson Named Special Teams Player of the Week
April 10, 2013 - Champions Professional Indoor Football League (CPIFL) - Kansas City Renegades News Release
KC kick returner OJ Simpson has been named CPIFL Special Teams Player of the Week! Simpson's two touchdown returns Saturday were crucial to KC's 40-36 upset over the Wichita Wild, now 4-1.
From the CPIFL:
"Simpson returned four kicks for 152 yards and two touchdowns in the Renegades 40-36 victory over the Wichita Wild. In the third quarter, Wichita scored to make the score 26-23 in favor of Kansas City. With the momentum clearly on the Wild's side, Simpson returned the ensuing kickoff 56 yards for the touchdown. The play was key to the Renegades victory. Kansas City travels to Topeka, Kan. to take on the Kansas Koyotes on Friday night."
• Discuss this story on the Champions Professional Indoor Football League message board...
Champions Professional Indoor Football League Stories from April 10, 2013
- OJ Simpson Named Special Teams Player of the Week - Kansas City Renegades
- Outlaws Sign Two New Quarterbacks - Mid-Missouri Outlaws
- Harrold, Gallegos, and Simpson Named CPIFL Players of the Week - CPIFL
- Omaha Beef's Judd Harrold CPIFL Offensive Player of the Week - Omaha Beef
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Renegades Stories
- Renegades lose 47-31
- Renegades Lose 47-31
- Renegades Fall 47-31
- Renegades Back Home Saturday
- KC Renegades team with the Salvation Army for Tailgater of the week and Food Drive