NYRB II Falls to the Charleston Battery at Patriots Point
MOUNT PLEASANT, SC - New York Red Bulls II (3-20-5, 14 points) fell to the Charleston Battery (5-17-6, 21 points) 3-0 on Saturday, September 3, at Patriots Point.
Charleston opened the scoring in the 17th minute, as Romario Piggott played a pass to the near side of the field, where Aidan Apodaca sent in a shot to the near post.
The home side doubled its advantage in the 27th minute as Piggott converted a penalty kick.
Charleston added one more goal in second half stoppage time, as Andrew Booth sent a ball across midfield to Augustine Williams, who scored off a breakaway.
AJ Marcucci made his return from injury, playing in his first match since July 1. He tallied five saves in the contest.
Bento Estrela recorded his first professional start, logging the full 90 minutes.
Following the match, New York will return home to host Miami FC on Friday, September 9, at MSU Soccer Park. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET with coverage on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 5, 2022
- "Donate Life Match" this Saturday Night - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC's Watch Party to Move Indoors Due to Extreme Heat - Doors to Open at 4:00 p.m. - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: Republic FC v Orlando City SC - U.S. Open Cup Final - Sacramento Republic FC
- NYRB II Falls to the Charleston Battery at Patriots Point - New York Red Bulls II
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls II Stories
- Reliving the 2022 New York Red Bulls II Season
- Red Bulls II Academy Check-In: October
- AJ Marcucci Makes USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 32
- NYRB II Monthly Recap: October
- NYRB II Falls to the Tampa Bay Rowdies, 1-0, at Al Lang Stadium to Conclude 2022 Season