New Owners Prepare for Second Half of Season
Things have not started the way the Arkansas Stars would like, but that is about to change as new ownership prepares for the remainder of the 2006 season. With the new ownership group taking control less than 72 hours before their next home game, the NIFL has agreed to reschedule the game to allow time for the new owners to prepare, sell and become acclimated to rules of the league.
"It makes better business sense," stated NIFL President Carolyn Shiver "we [the NIFL] did not want to throw them into the fire by not giving them time to prepare. Everyone becomes frustrated when a game is rescheduled, but ultimately it only affects the two teams involved, and in this case, both teams agreed on postponing the game."
The game scheduled for May 12 has been moved to June 12; additional details to follow.
For more information on the Arkansas Stars, visit the Official Stars website, at http://www.arkansasstars.com/main.html or contact them at 479.439.4087.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from May 13, 2006
- Flying Aces Catch Fever - Rapid City Flying Aces
- Commentary: NIFL daily buzz, afternoon edition - OSC Original by Jerry Hewitt
- New Owners Prepare for Second Half of Season - Arkansas Stars
- NIFL addresses state of the league - NIFL
- Commentary: NIFL daily buzz - OSC Original by Jerry Hewitt
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.