Michael Lindsey Returns to Tampa Bay
TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Storm has acquired wide receiver and kick returner Michael Lindsey, announced vice president of football operations Jeff Gooch.
"Mike is an impact player that can make a difference in all phases of the game," said Gooch. "His ability to play on the offense, defense and special teams gives him a unique skill set that will help us heading into the second half of the season."
Lindsey (6-foot-1, 218 lbs., Northwestern Mississippi) joins Tampa for his fifth season in the blue and gold. The St. Petersburg native returns to the Storm after spending part of the 2015 season with the Jacksonville Sharks.
"It's a blessing to be back with the Storm," said Lindsey. "I have so many memories from playing here and I can't wait to help my home team make some more."
The Boca Ciega H.S. product joined the Storm in 2011 and made an immediate impact on the field. He saw time as the team's primary kick returner, setting the team's single season kickoff return yards record as a rookie with 1,745. Lindsey holds three of the top season performances as a kickoff returner.
On April 26, 2014, versus the Spokane Shock, Lindsey made history when he surpassed AFL Hall of Famer, George LaFrance, to become the franchise's all-time leader in kickoff return yards. He currently sits at 6,039 kickoff return yards.
Lindsey is a threat on both sides of the ball, having the ability to play at receiver and jack linebacker. Offensively, he's caught 196 passes for 2,132 yards and 27 touchdowns. On the defensive end he has 50.5 tackles, four forced fumbles, an interception and a pass breakup.
The team also activated wide receiver V'Keon Lacey.
Lacey (6-foot-4, 218 lbs., Angelo State) appeared in two games this season before going down with injury. He has eight receptions for 98 yards and three touchdowns on the season.
The Five-Time World Champion Tampa Bay Storm is entering its 25th season in Tampa Bay. For more specific details regarding single-game pricing and availability, please contact the Storm ticket office at 813.301.6600 or visit www.tampabaystorm.com. Season tickets can be purchased by visiting TampaBayStorm.com or by calling 813.301.6600. For group sales fans can contact 813.301.6900. Additionally fans and sponsors can follow the Storm on Facebook (Tampa Bay Storm) or Twitter (@tampabaystorm) for up to date news and exclusive content.
Images from this story
Tampa Bay Storm Wide Receiver and Kick Returner Michael Lindsey
(Scott Audette/Tampa Bay Storm)
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from June 17, 2016
- LA KISS vs. Tampa Bay Storm: 4 Things to Watch - Los Angeles KISS
- Sixth-Year Player to Make Mid-Season Impact - Los Angeles KISS
- Shark Tales: Intrastate Rivalry between Jacksonville and Orlando, a necessary step in the healing pr - Jacksonville Sharks
- Sharks vs Predators - What You Need to Know - Jacksonville Sharks
- Toliver, Thomas Setup for Hall of Fame Matchup - AFL
- Michael Lindsey Returns to Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Storm Stories
- Tampa Bay Storm to Suspend Operations, Effective Immediately
- 2018 TAMPA BAY Storm Cheerleader PREP CLASS
- ALBANY AFL NAMES LES MOSS AS ASSISTANT HEAD COACH
- ALBANY AFL ANNOUNCES OPEN HOUSE EVENT AT TIMES UNION CENTER
- AFL Albany AFL Names Chris Thompson Director of Football