Madison Packer's Hat Trick Propels the Riveters to a 4-1 Victory over the Pride
The top-ranked Metropolitan Riveters came into Boston Saturday night determined to snap their two-game losing streak and finish the regular season a high note. Despite a valiant effort by the Boston Pride, the Riveters came out on top to win the game 4-1.
From the opening faceoff, it was clear this would be an intense game, as both teams came out firing on both ends of the ice. It did not take the Riveters long to draw blood, as Erika Lawler made a crafty touch pass to Madison Packer, who scored her tenth goal of the regular season at 6:15 of the first period.
The second period featured a rejuvenated Pride roster, who were intent on bouncing back in this game. The Riveters, however, had some unfinished business. Courtney Burke fired a slapper from the high slot, which Pride netminder Brittany Ott stopped but was unable to hold onto, allowing Packer to tuck the puck into a wide-open net to extend the Riveters' lead to two.
The Pride continued to pepper Riveters goalie Katie Fitzgerald with shots and were finally able to break through at 16:20 of the second period, when Sydney Daniels slid the puck through Fitzgerald's pads at 16:20 to cut the Riveters' lead in half.
The third period featured quality scoring chances from both teams, but it would be the Riveters who would strike again at 17:59, with Packer tipping in a shot from the point by Jenny Ryan to score her first hat trick of the regular season and her career to extend the Riveters' lead to two goals. The Riveters would end the night with an empty-net goal courtesy of Miye D'Oench to come out on top with a final score of 4-1.
The Isobel Cup Playoffs commence next week, with the Buffalo Beauts hosting the Pride on Saturday, March 17, at 5:30 PM ET. Meanwhile, the Connecticut Whale travel to Newark, NJ, to face off against the Riveters on Sunday, March 18, at 7:00 PM ET.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2018
- Beauts Score Three in the Second Beat the Whale 4-1 - Buffalo Beauts
- Madison Packer's Hat Trick Propels the Riveters to a 4-1 Victory over the Pride - Metropolitan Riveters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Metropolitan Riveters Stories
- Rivs Defeat Whale, Will Host Buffalo in Isobel Cup Final
- Riveters Have Eye on Isobel, But Know Whale Are a Mighty Foe
- Madison Packer's Hat Trick Propels the Riveters to a 4-1 Victory over the Pride
- Riveters and Pride Face-Off in Last Regular Season Game
- Riveters' Picard Joins NHL Alumni and Celebrities at #MikeyStrong Game, Hosted by the NJ Devils