Machine Add Five Via Player Pool
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Machine have added midfielders Bennett Drake, Ralph Faiella, Jarrod Wiedow, attacker Colin Bannon, and midfielder/faceoff specialist Jonathan Paige via the Major League Lacrosse Player Pool. The five players participated in last weekend's open tryouts in Philadelphia, which was co-hosted with the Florida Launch.
Drake is a graduate of Albany and was named to the America East All-Conference Second Team in his senior season.
Faiella was named to the 2017 MAAC All-Championship Team during his senior season with Marist and was named to the 2014 Northeast-10 All-Rookie Team during his time with Adelphi.
Wiedow is a graduate of DeSales University and finished his career with 44 career goals and 24 assists in 31 games.
Bannon attended Endicott College and was named to the 2016 All-CCC first team and 2016 ECAC Division III All-New England First Team.
Paige has 417 career ground balls in 52 career games for Queens University of Charlotte, and is a two-time All-SAC Second Team member.
"We felt like we had some very effective tryouts," Machine Head Coach and General Manager Bear Davis said. "These guys will all make our training camp more competitive. What these tryouts showed was that talent isn't just in Division I, but in Division II and Division III as well. We've always found success in finding players in those lower divisions. It's always great to see them compete at such a high level after giving them a chance to."
The five players will compete for a roster spot at Ohio Machine training camp this Spring.
To make room for the additions on the 40-man roster, the Machine released attacker Mike Rooney.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from March 20, 2018
- Machine Add Five Via Player Pool - Ohio Machine
- Atlanta Blaze Acquire Powerhouse Defender - Atlanta Blaze
- Ohio Machine Extend Partnership with the Spot Athletics - Ohio Machine
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ohio Machine Stories
- Three Players Sign Contract Extensions with Ohio Machine
- Second Annual Ohio Machine Fall Classic Announced for October 7
- A Letter from Head Coach Bear Davis
- Dominique Alexander Nominated for the David Huntley Man of the Year Award
- Ohio Machine Defeated by Boston Cannons 23-14