Machine Acquire Former Ohio State Standout Freddy Freibott
COLUMBUS, Ohio- The Ohio Machine have acquired defender Freddy Freibott from the Chesapeake Bayhawks in exchange for a 2019 second round collegiate draft pick.
Freibott, a 2018 graduate of The Ohio State University, was a three-time Academic All-Big Ten member, and a 2017 Big Ten All-Tournament Team honoree. Freibott also was named the 2017 Paul Hartman Most Improved Player. Freibott finished his collegiate career with 115 ground balls in 64 games for the Buckeyes.
"Our staff was really impressed about the effort put forth by Freddy his time with the Buckeyes, and we're excited to keep him here in Ohio," Machine head coach Bear Davis said. "Obviously having a former teammate in Ben Randall in our lineup will allow Freddy to feel comfortable in our defense, and we're really looking forward to continue building this defense with two former Buckeyes in it."
Freibott will compete for a roster spot at training camp this Spring.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from January 14, 2019
- Machine Acquire Former Ohio State Standout Freddy Freibott - Ohio Machine
- Machine Announce 2019 Ticket Pricing - Ohio Machine
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ohio Machine Stories
- Ohio Machine Lacrosse Strengthens Commitment Supporting Ohio High School Lacrosse
- Ohio Machine Announce 2019 Single Game Ticket on Sale Date
- Ohio Machine Lacrosse Foundation Announces Advisory Board
- Ohio Machine Launch New Fan Apparel Line to Spur Growth of the Game
- Machine Sign SSDM Carlson Milikin