Lundt, Farrell and Williams Earn TotW Honors
Phoenix, Arizona - The USL Championship announced today the Team of the Week for Week 30 of the 2022 regular season with Phoenix Rising FC goalkeeper Ben Lundt, defender Joe Farrell and forward JJ Williams (HM) named to the squad for their performances in a two-win week.
Lundt recorded eight saves while Farrell made 12 clearances, won eight duels and completed 168 passes with 90% accuracy in wins against Sacramento and New York. Williams added a goal and two assists in just 21 minutes of action on Saturday to claim an honorable mention.
Detroit City FC midfielder Maxi Rodriguez was voted the Championship Player of the Week presented by Konami eFootball after scoring two goals with his right foot and one with his head as Le Rouge fought through a downpour at Segra Field to pick up a 4-0 win over Loudoun United FC. Rodriguez also contributed five tackles and two interceptions, as well as blocking a shot.
Rogriguez earned 38 percent of the ballot to claim the award. Hartford Athletic's Andre Lewis finished second on 31 percent of the ballot after scoring a hat trick and adding an assist in a 6-3 victory over the Charleston Battery.
The Championship's Player of the Week is selected by the USL National Media Panel, which is made up of representatives from each media market in the Championship.
GK - Ben Lundt, Phoenix Rising FC: Lundt recorded a total of eight saves and one clean sheet across two matches as Phoenix earned a pair of wins to keep its season alive.
D - Will Seymore, New Mexico United: Seymore played a vital role in earning his team a point in a scoreless draw in Las Vegas, recording four tackles, four clearances and three interceptions to stifle a talented Lights FC attack.
D - Carter Manley, San Antonio FC: Manley helped San Antonio keep its fifth clean sheet in six matches in a 1-0 road win over Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC and scored the game-winner in the 86th minute. Manley racked up three interceptions, two clearances and one tackle.
D - Joe Farrell, Phoenix Rising FC: Farrell recorded an astonishing 12 clearances, won 5 of his 6 duels, and completed 90 percent of his passes as Phoenix squeaked out a vital 1-0 road win over Sacramento Republic FC and then won all nine of his duels in a 5-1 victory over New York Red Bulls II.
M - Maxi Rodriguez, Detroit City FC: Rodriguez scored a hat trick in Detroit's 4-0 win over Loudoun United FC on the road. Rodriguez also made two interceptions and five recoveries in midfield.
M - Ayoze, Indy Eleven: Ayoze scored from a free kick and from the penalty spot to bag a brace in a 4-2 loss to FC Tulsa.
M - Danny Trejo, Las Vegas Lights FC: Trejo scored twice and added an assist in a 4-0 win over Monterey Bay F.C. in a great attacking performance as Las Vegas stayed in the postseason hunt. Trejo also added seven recoveries.
M - Andre Lewis, Hartford Athletic: Lewis scored three goals and assisted another in Hartford's 6-3 victory over the Charleston Battery, creating a total of five chances. Lewis also recorded two interceptions and six recoveries.
F - Luca Sowinski, FC Tulsa: Sowinski, 18, scored a hat trick on six shots in his second professional start as FC Tulsa beat Indy Eleven 4-2 on the road. Sowinski also made six recoveries.
F - Ariel Martinez, Hartford Athletic: Martinez opened and closed the scoring in a two-goal outing as Hartford romped to a 6-3 win over Charleston.
F - Dario Suarez, FC Tulsa: Suarez scored a goal, assisted another and created three chances while completing 86 of his passes in a 4-2 road win over the Indy Eleven.
Bench: Phil Breno (TBR), Robby Dambrot (IND), Mark Segbers (MIA), Charlie Dennis (OAK), Jack Blake (SD), Leo Fernandes (TBR), JJ Williams (PHX)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 4, 2022
- USL Opens Investigation - Monterey Bay FC
- 'Somos Toros' - RGV FC: Proud Latin Club in USL Championship - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Mi Cultura Es Su Cultura: How Republic FC's Kitman Bridges Cultures Through Community & Food - Sacramento Republic FC
- Lundt, Farrell and Williams Earn TotW Honors - Phoenix Rising FC
- Crunch Time: Le Rouge Travels to Take on Louisville City FC - Detroit City FC
- RGV FC Make Final Regular Season Road Trip - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Andre Lewis and Ariel Martínez Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Hartford Athletic
- San Antonio FC Defender Carter Manley Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - San Antonio FC
- Luca Sowinski, Darío Suárez Earn Team of the Week Accolades - FC Tulsa
- Roadmap to the Playoffs: Crisp & Kelp Edition - Monterey Bay FC
- Special 10-Min. Drone Light Show Post-Game this Saturday - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Oakland Roots SC and West Oakland Cultural Action Network Team up to Combine Oakland History and Sport - Oakland Roots
- NYRB II Falls to Phoenix Rising FC at Wild Horse Pass - New York Red Bulls II
- Memphis 901 FC Continues Fight for Homefield Advantage vs. Rio Grande Valley FC - Memphis 901 FC
- What to Watch for with LouCity vs. Detroit City FC - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Phoenix Rising FC Signs Henry "Uzo" Uzochukwu
- Vincere Capital Completes Multimillion-Dollar Investment in Phoenix Rising FC
- Phoenix City Council Unanimously Approves Lease for Phoenix Rising FC to Relocate Its Stadium to 38th Street and Washington
- Phoenix Rising FC to Host Eight World Cup Watch Parties Group Stage
- Phoenix Rising FC Signs Venezuelan National Team Midfielder Erickson Gallardo