Lightning, Storm & Amalie Arena to Join Red Cross in Thanking Veterans/Military Members
Tampa, FL - The American Red Cross of Tampa Bay is inviting attendees of the Tuesday, November 10, 2015 Tampa Bay Lightning vs. the Buffalo Sabres game to sign cards of thanks, encouragement and holiday cheer to members of our U.S. Armed Forces, veterans and military families. Twenty-thousand cards, underwritten by The Duncan Duo of RE/MAX Dynamic have been printed and will be available for signing both inside and outside the arena before, during and post game.
The campaign is part of the Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes program. This year, the Central Florida Region of the American Red Cross plans on distributing 40,000 cards to veterans in nursing homes, VA hospitals, active military members and their families. The cards are sorted, bundled and delivered by Red Cross volunteers and participating community groups.
"Coming from a military family and with our location right outside the gates to MacDill AFB, giving back to our troops is so important to our company and its core values," said Andrew Duncan, Owner and CEO of The Duncan Duo and RE/MAX Dynamic. "When the American Red Cross and the Tampa Bay Lightning approached us with the idea of supporting this event, I was so excited to be a part of it."
"Even in this day of e-mail and e-cards, handwritten messages are the most personal way for Americans to express their gratitude to those who sacrifice for our nation," said Linda Jorge Carbone, CEO of the Central Florida Region and the Tampa Bay Chapter. "Each year, those who receive the cards tell us they are touched by the heartfelt messages from people they've never met. We are so grateful for the participation and support of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Storm, Amalie Arena and The Duncan Duo of RE/MAX Dynamic."
For more than 130 years, the American Red Cross has served and supported members of the military, veterans, and their families by providing emergency communications, comfort and assistance each day. The Red Cross is chartered by the U.S. Congress to provide emergency communications and other support to active duty members of the U.S. military.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from November 6, 2015
- Thunder Veterans KC Obi, Jamar Howard Return - Portland Thunder
- SaberCats Bring Back Hyland, Add Two Offensive Lineman - San Jose SaberCats
- Lightning, Storm & Amalie Arena to Join Red Cross in Thanking Veterans/Military Members - Tampa Bay Storm
- Predators Add Four Rookie Players On Free Agency's Opening Day - Orlando Predators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Storm Stories
- Tampa Bay Storm to Suspend Operations, Effective Immediately
- 2018 TAMPA BAY Storm Cheerleader PREP CLASS
- ALBANY AFL NAMES LES MOSS AS ASSISTANT HEAD COACH
- ALBANY AFL ANNOUNCES OPEN HOUSE EVENT AT TIMES UNION CENTER
- AFL Albany AFL Names Chris Thompson Director of Football