Kate Whitman Annis Named General Manager of Riveters
The National Women's Hockey League is proud to announce that Kate Whitman Annis has been named the general manager of the Metropolitan Riveters.
The NWHL is hiring general managers for each club, giving them responsibilities that include overseeing team operations, player personnel, and event management. The GMs will work with the league on the hiring of coaches, trainers and other essential team staff.
"I am honored and excited to be able to continue my relationship with the NWHL as the Riveters' general manager," said Whitman Annis, who served as an assistant coach of the club last season. "Putting my business background to use to advance the game for girls and women around the world is a lifelong dream of mine. I am looking forward to working with the players and the league to make the NWHL's fifth season a success."
Whitman Annis brings considerable professional experience to her new role. She has worked for 18 years with educational institutions, corporations, and government entities, and has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Wesleyan University and a Master of Business Administration from Solvay Brussels School of Economics. As general manager, Whitman Annis will combine her business prowess with her passion for the NWHL's mission.
"What the league and the players are doing is so important," she said. "I am thankful to be able to collaborate with the great players of this generation and honor all who once only dreamed of a professional women's hockey league."
Whitman Annis started her hockey career at the Essex Hunt Club, then Deerfield Academy, and played four years at Wesleyan University. She has coached at all levels of the game from mites through high school and is currently the head coach of the varsity girls ice hockey team at The Pingry School.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from April 25, 2019
- Whitecaps' Isobel Cup Celebration Set for Friday at 6 PM at TRIA Rink - Minnesota Whitecaps
- Kate Whitman Annis Named General Manager of Riveters - Metropolitan Riveters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Metropolitan Riveters Stories
- Madison Packer, Riveters' All-Time Leader in Goals and Points, Signs with Club for 2019-20
- Kate Whitman Annis Named General Manager of Riveters
- Riveters Advance to Isobel Cup Semifinal with 5-2 Win over Whale
- Riveters Ready to Defend Their Crown
- For Backstopping Rivs to Key Win, Fitzgerald Named VEDA NWHL Player of the Week