Frederik Due Transferred to Orange County SC; Cropper, Hord Join Athletic
Hartford Athletic announced that Goalkeeper Frederik Due has been transferred to Orange County SC of the USL Championship's Western Conference pending league and federation approval.
Due suffered an injury early in camp and missed the first seven matches of the season. He has started every match but one since joining the starting lineup on April 27th. Due's time in Hartford is highlighted by his effort against Bethlehem Steel FC on August 1st. Due made 3 saves, including a save of a penalty kick, and posted the first clean sheet in Club history. Due earned USL Championship Team of the Week honors for his performance.
The club also announced that Goalkeeper Cody Cropper (New England Revolution) and Defender Elliott Hord (Sacramento Republic) have joined the Club on loan for the remainder of the season, pending league and federation approval. As part of the loan agreement, Republic FC has the right to recall Hord up until the roster freeze date on September 20.
Cropper has made 36 starts and submitted 10 shutouts since joining the Revolution in 2016. His best year came in 2017 when he recorded career highs with 28 starts, 71 saves, and eight shutouts. This season, Cropper has made 7 starts, recording 29 saves and one clean sheet. Developed in the academy system of English Football League Championship side Ipswich Town from 2010-12, Cropper spent four years in England at the senior level with Southampton F.C. (2012-15) in the Premier League and Milton Keynes Dons (2015-16). Internationally, he has earned 28 caps with United States youth national teams, including 21 appearances for the U-20s and seven appearances for the U-23s.
Hord joined Republic FC in August 2016 from USL League Two side Fresno Fuego. The 28-year-old midfielder has made 61 appearances for Sacramento across all competitions during his four seasons with the club, scoring two goals and adding nine assists.
A Fresno native, Hord played collegiately at UC Davis from 2010-13, making 67 appearances and recording a goal and three assists during his four seasons with the Aggies. After college, Hord joined the Fresno Fuego before moving abroad to play with Yxhults IK in the Swedish third division. He returned to the Fuego after a season in Sweden before joining Republic FC midway through 2016.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 22, 2019
- Match Preview vs. Portland Timbers II - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Phoenix Rising FC Welcomes Sacramento Republic FC to $1 Beer Night - Phoenix Rising FC
- Frederik Due Transferred to Orange County SC; Cropper, Hord Join Athletic - Hartford Athletic
- Late Red Card Thwarts Nashville SC Tactical Changes in Loss to New York Red Bulls II - Nashville SC
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Atlanta United 2 Signs Amir Bashti - Atlanta United 2
- Three Things: North Carolina 4 - 2 Rowdies - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Athletic Stories
- Hartford Athletic: 5 Takeaways from the USL Championship Club's 2020 Season
- Match for a Cause Raises over $19,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford
- Saint Louis Goal at the Death Downs Hartford 1-0
- Preview: It's Playoff Time
- Tyreke Johnson Recalled by Southampton FC