Former FCT Aaron Long & Aaron Herrera Earn USMNT Call Ups
Former FC Tucson regulars Aaron Long and Aaron Herrera have been named to the United States National Team January camp held in Bradenton, Florida.
Aaron Long (2012-2013) has been called into the USMNT January Camp following his dominating performance during the team's 6-0 win against El Salvador. Long, now of the New York Red Bulls, played for FC Tucson during the 2012 and 2013 PDL seasons before being drafted by the Portland Timbers. The Oak Hills, California native is the first former FC Tucson player to be named to the senior US Men's National Team side.
Aaron Herrera (2016-2017) will join the U-23 USMNT and will train alongside the senior team in Bradenton, Fla. The Real Salt Lake defender made a total of 14 appearances for the Men in Black during the 2016 and 2017 PDL seasons. The Las Cruces, New Mexico native also featured in the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea and helped the U-20 squad earn its first-ever U-20 CONCACAF Championship.
For the full January Camp roster and more details on their call ups visit, www.ussoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from January 19, 2021
- Charlie Dennis Re-Signs for 2021 Season - FC Tucson
- Former FCT Aaron Long & Aaron Herrera Earn USMNT Call Ups - FC Tucson
- Carlos Merancio Joins Hartford Athletic of USL Championship - FC Tucson
- FC Tucson Signs Real Monarchs Midfielder Jordan Pena - FC Tucson
- FC Tucson Re-Signs Tucson Native Rafa Guerrero - FC Tucson
- Kwesele Returns to Richmond for 2021 - Richmond Kickers
- John Bradford Named Head Coach of North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.