Dominique Alexander Nominated for the David Huntley Man of the Year Award
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Major League Lacrosse announced today that the Ohio Machine's Dominique Alexander has been nominated for the inaugural David Huntley Man of the Year Award.
Named in honor of David Huntley, the former MLL coach for the Atlanta Blaze, Hamilton Nationals, Toronto Nationals, and Chesapeake Bayhawks, who passed away in December 2017, the award will be presented to the lacrosse athlete who has demonstrated, "sportsmanship and professionalism that are beyond reproach" and who "makes selfless, meaningful contributions to Major League Lacrosse, the game of lacrosse, and to his community."
Alexander has been playing for the Machine since he was selected 33rd overall in the 2013 MLL Draft. Since then, he has played in 77 games for the Machine, making him the team's all-time leader in games played.
When he's not playing for the Machine, Alexander is teaching school and coaching lacrosse at Olentangy Berlin H.S. in Delaware, Ohio.
"Niq embodies what this game is all about. He comes ready to play every time he puts the uniform on, but more importantly, he keeps it in perspective that it is a game, just that a game," Machine head coach Bear Davis said. "He truly does love to compete at all times, whether it's at practice, in the locker room, and of course, in a game. He makes everyone better around him all the time."
The winner of the award will be announced during the second-annual MLL Honors award ceremony on Friday, Aug. 17 at 6:30 p.m. The event will be held at the historic American Theater in Charleston, S.C. and will be aired on Lax Sports Network (LSN). The Machine's own Scotty Rodgers and ESPN and Inside Lacrosse analyst Quint Kessenich will co-host the ceremony.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from August 8, 2018
- Dominique Alexander Nominated for the David Huntley Man of the Year Award - Ohio Machine
- Kevin Rice and Christian Cuccinello Among the Finalists for 2018 MLL Awards - Atlanta Blaze
- Ratliff Nominated for MLL's New David Huntley Man of the Year Award - Atlanta Blaze
- Two Hounds Nominated for MLL Honors Awards - Charlotte Hounds
- MLL Announces 2018 Honors Awards Nominees - MLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ohio Machine Stories
- Machine Acquire Former Ohio State Standout Freddy Freibott
- Machine Announce 2019 Ticket Pricing
- Ohio Machine Announce Creation of Machine Business Alliance
- Ohio Machine Coaches Winter Tour Announced
- Ohio Machine Sign Midfielders Kiel Matisz, Cam Holding, Tucker Ciessau and Jeff Edwards