CoCo Vandeweghe Takes Advantage of the Greenbrier's Extracurricular Activities
July 14, 2020 - World TeamTennis (WTT) News Release
Just a few short miles away from Creekside Stadium is one of the more ambitious activities The Greenbrier has to offer: clay pigeon shooting. San Diego Aviators' CoCo Vandeweghe headed to the scenic clearing in the woods to test her skills at hitting fast-flying orange discs.
The 28-year-old is an accomplished professional athlete, but this particular sport was far outside of her comfort zone. Coaching was crucial and once her footwork and technique were mastered, a lot of the process was managing her nerves, heart rate and mind. Her success rate was respectable: she'd make contact on 15 out of 25 shots.
Nina Pantic is a tennis writer, editor, podcast host and content producer. She played collegiate tennis at UCLA. You can follow her on Twitter at @NinaPantic1
• Discuss this story on the World TeamTennis message board...
World TeamTennis Stories from July 14, 2020
- Philadelphia Veterans Push Freedoms to Convincing Win against Springfield Lasers - Philadelphia Freedoms
- As Most-Connected Player on Tour, Bethanie Mattek-Sands Boosts Chicago's Team Chemistry - Chicago Smash
- Danielle Collins Leads Orlando to a 21-16 Win against Chicago - Orlando Storm
- CoCo Vandeweghe Takes Advantage of the Greenbrier's Extracurricular Activities - WTT
- Querrey's Power Too Much for San Diego; Vegas Wins First Match of the 2020 Season - Vegas Rollers
- Philadelphia Freedoms Start 2020 Season on the Winning Foot, Roll OC Breakers - Philadelphia Freedoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.