Chiles sets PASL goals record in Sockers' 10-6 win over Anaheim
ANAHEIM--Kraig Chiles scored five goals with an assist, setting a new Professional Arena Soccer League single-season goals record, as the San Diego Sockers ran past the Anaheim Bolts 10-6 at the Anaheim Convention Center. Chiles, the back-to-back PASL MVP, broke his own record of 46 on a power play goal with 8:41 left in the third quarter and finished the night with 49 goals on the season. Team captain Aaron Susi had four assists to pace the San Diego offense as the Sockers (13-1) completed a perfect weekend with victories over Dallas and Anaheim.
Facing one of the lesser defensive sides in the league, the Sockers took advantage of open space for their first double-digit goal performance in three games. Chiky Luna had a goal and two assists and defender Antonio Sutton netted his first two goals of the season. Chris Toth (6-0) picked up the win in goal and added an assist, his third offensive point of the season. Toth has never lost in fifteen PASL starts in goal. The Bolts (6-8) were officially eliminated from Pacific Division playoff contention. Eduardo Velez and Anthony Medina also scored for San Diego, while Christian Ramirez led Anaheim with a hat trick and assist.
The Sockers return to San Diego to close out their regular season home schedule on Sunday, February 10th when they host the Arizona Storm at the Valley View Casino Center. Tickets are available at (866) 799-GOAL or online via TicketMaster at sdsockers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from February 3, 2013
- Detroit Waza Flo Repeat As Eastern Division Champions - Waza Flo
- Chiles sets PASL goals record in Sockers' 10-6 win over Anaheim - San Diego Sockers
- Bolts' Playoff Hopes Ended by 10-6 - Anaheim Bolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Sockers Stories
- Sockers Unveil 40th Anniversary Logo to Begin the Legacy of Champions Celebration
- Sockers Announce 24-Game 2018-19 MASL Schedule Beginning December 16
- San Diego Sockers Mourn Passing of the Legendary Ron Newman
- MASL Announces Conference & Divisional Alignments
- 2018-19 MASL Home Opener Set for Sunday, December 16 for 40th Anniversary