California Victory to play Cal Bears in first ever game
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - The California Victory will play Cal in an exhibition game on Saturday, March 17, at 3:00 PM at the College of Alameda's state-of-the-art, soccer-specific, FieldTurf stadium.
The preseason game will be the first-ever played by the USL First Division expansion team, and is a fund raiser benefiting Rockridge and Bay Oaks Youth Soccer programs of the Jack London Youth Soccer Sports League (JLYSSL).
Tickets will be available at the gate on game day and will cost $7 for adults and $3 for under-18s. For directions, go to http://www.bayoaks.net/fields/col_alam.html.
The Victory has planned a pre-season schedule that includes matchups with other local college talent, the Fiji National Team and a yet-to-be-named top Mexican team.
The club will play its home games at the legendary Kezar Stadium near Golden Gate Park and kicks off its regular home season on Saturday, May 12, against last year's finalist Rochester Raging Rhinos.
The Golden Bears' 2006 season finished with an appearance in the third round of the NCAA tournament after another winning season (.650, 13-6-1 record).
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from March 12, 2007
- Silverbacks to host Mexican powerhouse Cruz Azul - Atlanta Silverbacks
- Victory announces preseason schedule - California Victory
- Assistant coach Hugo Perez named Hall of Fame finalist - California Victory
- Victory announces ticket information - California Victory
- California Victory to play Cal Bears in first ever game - California Victory
- Miami FC tickets go on sale today - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Timbers add depth to defender position with Chicago Fire left back - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent California Victory Stories
- Van Straatum: "We battle until the end"
- Late PK puts Seattle on top; Sounders beat Vics 1-0 in San Francisco
- Victory out of playoff contention following loss to Montreal
- Victory beats Minnesota with Morales brace
- Victory face Thunder, Islanders in hunt for playoffs