Bugs Shutout Bulls for Fifth Straight Win
The Shreveport Mudbugs (28-7-5) shutout the Amarillo Bulls, 4-0 behind another big performance from goalie Arseni Sergeev Friday night at the Amarillo Civic Center.
After a scoreless first period, it was Connor Gatto who broke the ice at 14:51 of the second when he had space along the far side and was able to backhand home his 10th tally of the season off a brilliant cross-ice pass from Joe Mack to give Shreveport the 1-0 edge. Mack and Garrett Steele picked the assists on Gatto's fifth goal in his last three games. Amarillo led in SOG, 21-17 after two periods of play.
The Bugs extended their lead at 2:54 of the third period when Joe Mack slammed in a loose rebound in front which was good for his 13th goal of the season to make it a 2-0 advantage. David Breazeale and Trenten Heyde earned the assists on Mack's tally. The Bugs held a dangerous 2-0 lead until widening the margin at 18:07 when Gio Procopio rammed home his 14th goal in the empty net to make it a 3-0 contest. It wouldn't stop there as Billy Feczko fired home his 12th tally in the slot on the PP at 19:26 to close out a 4-0 victory and their fifth straight win overall.
Arseni Sergeev earns his first shutout of the season making 28 saves on the night.
The Bugs and Bulls will conclude their two-game series tomorrow night from the Amarillo Civic Center. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2021
- Tomahawks Sweep Nords - Maine Nordiques
- Maine Nordiques U18 Program Signs Six Tenders - Maine Nordiques
- Norsemen Ride Hanson's Big Night to Win over Minot ÃÂ - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Tomahawks Sweep the Nordiques - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Bugs Shutout Bulls for Fifth Straight Win - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Black Bears Blank Titans 4-0 - New Jersey Titans
- Jacks Blitzed by Warriors - Odessa Jackalopes
- Wings Shutout Wilderness 3-0 Friday - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.