Black Lives Matter Game Worn Loyal Jersey Auction for AAAE
San Diego, CA - Today, San Diego Loyal SC (SD Loyal) kicks off an online auction where fans can purchase raffle tickets to enter to win the 'Black Lives Matter' (BLM) alternate jerseys worn by all 28 players during the 2020 season matches. All proceeds will be donated to The Association of African American Educators (AAAE), an organization that advocates for equity in education within the ethnically diverse pupil population of San Diego County.
"This season proved our team's dedication to taking a stand against racism and we hope to continue raising awareness off season through charitable giveaways such as these," said President of SD Loyal, Warren Smith. "Our hope is that these jerseys will continue to be a reminder to our community of the progress we've made so far, as well as the journey we still have ahead of us."
The BLM alternative jersey initiative kicked off in July when the team proudly announced its stand for the fight against racism and injustice. Jerseys are black with dark teal accent with 'Black Lives Matter" across the back nameplates, and the phrase "Together San Diego" runs down the side of each jersey. Players will continue to don the jerseys for the next two seasons, wearing the alternates during away games to raise awareness around the importance of inclusivity and diversity in our communities.
The funds raised for AAAE will help promote increased understanding and valuing of African American history and culture. The organization also helps interpret to the broader community the needs and desires of the African American community as they relate to educational matters, and conversely, interpret and clarify for the African American community, the goals and policies related to students of African descent of the greater San Diego County school districts.
The raffle begins on Tuesday, Nov. 17 and will continue until the end of the month. Fans can purchase tickets for $10 with no limits to entries.
To purchase raffle tickets to support the BLM Game Worn Player Auction, visit www.loyalgiveaway.com. To learn more about the BLM jersey initiative SDLoyal.com and #SDLoyal.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 24, 2020
- Returning for 2021: Villarreal Patrols, Protects Central Pitch - Sacramento Republic FC
- Team Store Website to Help with Holiday Gift Needs - Sacramento Republic FC
- Real Monarchs Announced 2020 Team Awards - Real Monarchs SLC
- Black Lives Matter Game Worn Loyal Jersey Auction for AAAE - San Diego Loyal
- Midfielder Dylan Mares, Defender Macca King Return for 2021 Season - El Paso Locomotive FC
- McCabe to Continue Unprecedented Run with LouCity - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Loyal Stories
- San Diego Loyal Announces Morgan Hackworth and Ben Spencer's Return for 2021 Season
- SD Loyal Raises $10,000 for the Association of African American Educators Following BLM Initiatives
- San Diego Loyal Rolls out Part-Time Youth Development Program, "Loyal SelectÃ¢ÂÂ
- SD Loyal to Hold Two Open Tryout Sessions Ahead of 2021 Season
- SD Loyal Adds Ebenezer Ackon to Its Growing Roster