Bears Skate Past B-Sens 6-1
HERSHEY, P.A. - The Binghamton Senators fell 6-1 in Hershey in the final game of a busy three-in-three weekend.
Hershey opened the scoring 3:36 into the opening period as Jakub Vrana beat Matt O'Connor with a backhanded shot in close to give the hosts the 1-0 lead. Binghamton evened the score 1-1 with less than one second remaining on their first power-play chance of the game. Chris Carlisle sent a wrist shot from the point through traffic that beat Dan Ellis to give Carlisle his third goal of the season. Hershey retook the lead on a power-play goal of their own with 4:39 to play as Christian Djoos wristed home his sixth of the year to give the hosts a 2-1 lead heading into the first intermission.
Riley Barber scored two goals both on the power play in the second period to bring the score to 4-1 after 40 minutes of play.
The Bears added two more goals in the final period to push the final score to 6-1. Scott Gomez notched his third of the season on the power play 1:12 before Nathan Walker added the final goal three minutes later.
Dan Ellis earned the win with 17 saves while O'Connor was handed the loss after stopping 24 shots.
Binghamton spends next week on the road traveling to Lehigh Valley to face the Phantoms Wednesday at 7:05p.m. before heading to Utica on Friday for a matchup with the Comets at 7:00p.m. The B-Sens finish up on Saturday at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa against the Syracuse Crunch at 3:00p.m. Fans can listen live on US 96.9FM, WINR 680AM or on the iHeart Radio app.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2016
- Bears Trounce Senators for Fifth Consecutive Win - Hershey Bears
- Bears Skate Past B-Sens 6-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Blackhawks Reassign Svedberg - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Assign Downie to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Recall Cody Corbett - San Antonio Rampage
- Condors Topple the Heat 4-3; Raise $26,750 for Special Olympics - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls Soar Past Admirals, 4-1 - San Diego Gulls
- IceHogs Battle to Earn Point in 4-3 OT Loss - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.